Quantcast

wondering if anyone would make me a file.

wondering if anyone would make me a file.

Cacophony7
Would one of you please provide me with a .blue file where a piano roll plays a simple oscillator? just the major scale.

I'm still trying to learn blue. I found CsoundQt easy to learn because I was aquainted with a book, Csound Power!.

Re: wondering if anyone would make me a file.

Steven Yi
Hi Michael,

Attached is a pretty simple example that has a PianoRoll and simple instrument.

steven

simple.blue (12K) Download Attachment

Re: wondering if anyone would make me a file.

Cacophony7
I replaced that instrument(opcode) with an oscil on line 6 with an f-table of 1.
Where do i put my f-table? I'll probably use GEN10 for a simple sine wave.

So this PianoRoll generates SCO code? it determines values for p1, p2, p3, p4, and p5? how does it work?

I know that I'm using the Csound API because the "Use Csound API" checkbox under the Project menu is checked and probably works out-of-the box just like the blue manual stated (after all, I can get sound now). what does API stand for anyways? Is an API going to concern me with what I know about Java and/or Python when I'm Csounding? I'm taking another Python course on coursera.org on March 25th.

One more question. If I play an interval or a chord when 0dbfs = 1 will I get some samples out-of-range?

Re: wondering if anyone would make me a file.

Cacophony7
I put my f-table in the tables manager. It was just one line of code.