windows_dlls and liblo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

windows_dlls and liblo

Victor Lazzarini
Every time I am updating now it takes ages (I have to
abort it) because there is a huge file in windows_dlls,
liblo.a.

I've been looking everywhere in the CVS man page how to
avoid pulling it, but I can't seem to be able to do it. Can
this
file be taken off CVS or put somewhere else separate?
I'm on dial-up in the evenings and this is a nuisance.

Thanks

Victor


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
_______________________________________________
Csound-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/csound-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: windows_dlls and liblo

Istvan Varga
Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> I've been looking everywhere in the CVS man page how to
> avoid pulling it, but I can't seem to be able to do it. Can
> this file be taken off CVS or put somewhere else separate?

I think it could be moved to the snapshots module. By the way,
it would be useful to have headers and precompiled DLLs of the
various libraries needed to build Csound.


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
_______________________________________________
Csound-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/csound-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: windows_dlls and liblo

Steven Yi
In reply to this post by Victor Lazzarini
Hi Victor,

I think you should be able to create a file called ".cvsignore" and
put it in the windows_dll folder. In the file you can list by name or
use wildcards for files you don't want.  You should probably also add
".cvsignore" in the file itself so that CVS does not try to check in
the .cvsignore file.  (I think this is correct, but you may need to
check online.)

steven

On 7/5/05, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Every time I am updating now it takes ages (I have to
> abort it) because there is a huge file in windows_dlls,
> liblo.a.
>
> I've been looking everywhere in the CVS man page how to
> avoid pulling it, but I can't seem to be able to do it. Can
> this
> file be taken off CVS or put somewhere else separate?
> I'm on dial-up in the evenings and this is a nuisance.
>
> Thanks
>
> Victor
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
> from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
> informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
> speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
> _______________________________________________
> Csound-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/csound-devel
>


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. <a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click
_______________________________________________
Csound-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/csound-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: windows_dlls and liblo

Anthony Kozar
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this since files beginning with '.'
are invisible on Unix (but not Macs!), but there are a number of files named
.cvsignore in the Csound 4 CVS repository.  It would be nice if they could
be removed so that I do not have to manually remove them when making a
release package.

:)

Anthony

On 7/7/05 2:02 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> etched in stone:

> I think you should be able to create a file called ".cvsignore" and
> put it in the windows_dll folder. In the file you can list by name or
> use wildcards for files you don't want.  You should probably also add
> ".cvsignore" in the file itself so that CVS does not try to check in
> the .cvsignore file.  (I think this is correct, but you may need to
> check online.)



-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
_______________________________________________
Csound-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/csound-devel