Quantcast

weird or ...?

Menno Knevel
Hi Steven,

i just upgraded my system with a SSD and build Csound from git again. New system = Linux Mint 18 (Ubuntu16.04-like).
Now something weird is happening in Blue: in the BSB, all knobs and sliders do not produce values anymore when i tweak them.
They produce one value (init) but do not respond to movements of sliders or knobs.

Because i still have my older system on another bootable disk AND an older version version of Csound (1 or 2 weeks), i was able to make a comparison between the two.
It works like it should on that older system.

I do not know if it has something to do with the latest build of Csound or my new system, but i see all kinds of new messages in the output of the latest Csound. And i believe John is working the score parser - so perhaps a connection between Csound and Blue did get lost (a java lib?)?

I have attached my Blue test file and 2 text files ( old and new system).
I was wondering if you could have a look?

(I am turning to you because quite possibly this affects the workings of Blue...)

knob.blue
oud_systeem.txt
nieuw_systeem.nieuw_systeem

Re: weird or ...?

Menno Knevel
haha - problem solved....my fault

in Blue the Options/Csound Render Method was set to Commandline Runner. I changed it to Csound6 API and the knobs and sliders do their job once again!

So many settings to set on a new system...but getting there...
once again, sorry for the fuzz ( i was working with distort1 actually :P)