Quantcast

switch between Score and Single Line Mode

switch between Score and Single Line Mode

menno
Hi Steven,

i wished that there was a quick shortcut to switch between, in the Score Tab, selecting the SoundObject and the Automation Line.
This means quickly change - for example with the TAB key? - between working in the Score Mode or the Single Line Mode.

Reason: when i work on some automation points in a SoundObject, i can then switch to the Score Mode so i can audition the result of my changed Automation Points. Or stretch the SoundObject a little bit more to get better timing with other Objects.

What do you think?

greetings,
menno

Re: switch between Score and Single Line Mode

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

It used to be that alt-1, alt-2, and alt-3 did the mode switching.
This doesn't seem to work now here on OSX; could you verify that it's
broken on Linux too?  Also, I should probably remove using alt- as an
option, as I've learned that using alt for shortcuts isn't so good if
it can be avoided, due to international keyboards using alt for
characters.  Using tab sounds like a good idea, but I don't know if
anyone might want a different shortcut?

steven

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM, menno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> i wished that there was a quick shortcut to switch between, in the Score
> Tab, selecting the SoundObject and the Automation Line.
> This means quickly change - for example with the TAB key? - between working
> in the Score Mode or the Single Line Mode.
>
> Reason: when i work on some automation points in a SoundObject, i can then
> switch to the Score Mode so i can audition the result of my changed
> Automation Points. Or stretch the SoundObject a little bit more to get
> better timing with other Objects.
>
> What do you think?
>
> greetings,
> menno

Re: switch between Score and Single Line Mode

menno
using Alt-1, Alt-2 or Alt-3 does not do anything here when i am working in the Score.

Alt-F1 etc, changes the respective desktops here on Linux.

I have no real objection using Alt-1 etc for changing between Sore Mode, Single Line Mode or Multi Line Mode. Only that using TAB could scroll through these 3 mode more quickly because it needs only one finger so i can keep the other hand on the mouse.
But Alt-1 etc. are great too!

Re: switch between Score and Single Line Mode

menno
I'd like to get back to this issue, because i miss this feature again and again: In the score tab, switching between  Score and Line editing modes

For me, using Alt-1, Alt-2 or Alt-3 makes that Ubuntu switches its desktops,i guess that this the case for most Linux users? Don't know about Windows or Mac.

I can imagine: In the Score Tab, you start in Score Mode, when holding TAB key you switch into Single Line Mode, TAB key + Ctrl key gets into the MultiLine Edit Mode.
This would make navigation a lot quicker because i do not have to move the mouse to find an select the different Editing Modes and can stay on the SoundObject for Auditioning.