Quantcast

"Csound API" not showing as render method

"Csound API" not showing as render method

dtatti
New to the list, I searched for an answer to my installation problem on Windows 7.

Blue manual says I need to install the double version ("the one with -d in its name") of Csound 6 in order to be able to use the Csound API rendering method. Unfortunately, I only find one Csound6 Win installer on Sourceforge: when I install it, Blue still shows "Commandline Runner" as the only rendering method.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Daniel

Re: "Csound API" not showing as render method

Steven Yi
Hi Daniel,

Maybe the manual needs updating. Currently, Csound 6 is only released
with double precision, so there should be no problem there.

Are you installing Csound 6 to a non-standard location?  I wonder if
that affects if Blue will find it on startup.

Some things to ask:  What version of Blue are you using?  Did you
install a 64-bit Java runtime?  You will need a 32-bit Java runtime to
use the API as Csound 6 only has a 32-bit CPU architecture version
available.  (I should probably note this in the manual...)

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:06 AM, dtatti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> New to the list, I searched for an answer to my installation problem on
> Windows 7.
>
> Blue manual says I need to install the double version ("the one with -d in
> its name") of Csound 6 in order to be able to use the Csound API rendering
> method. Unfortunately, I only find one Csound6 Win installer on Sourceforge:
> when I install it, Blue still shows "Commandline Runner" as the only
> rendering method.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel

Re: "Csound API" not showing as render method

dtatti
Hi Steven,

Thanks for pointing to the right direction. 32-bit Java 8 made the trick and I am now listening to your Reminiscences through the API.

BTW: thanks for you massively awesome software.

Daniel

Re: "Csound API" not showing as render method

Steven Yi
Ah, very glad that did the trick and many thanks for the kind words!

All best,
steven