program too big to fit in memory

Victor Lazzarini
Has anyone come across on WindowsXP the following problem?
Opening a command window and trying to run csound, but getting

program too big to fit in memory

I use win2K, so I am not very savvy with XP. This is happening on
one of my student's computer with mycsound4.exe (have not tried
other versions).

I tried changing the memory settings for the command.com program,
but with no results.

Any hints?

Victor

Victor Lazzarini
Music Technology Laboratory
Music Department
National University of Ireland, Maynooth

Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: program too big to fit in memory

Steven Yi
Does the student's computer not have much RAM?

On 10/28/05, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone come across on WindowsXP the following problem?
> Opening a command window and trying to run csound, but getting
>
> program too big to fit in memory
>
> I use win2K, so I am not very savvy with XP. This is happening on
> one of my student's computer with mycsound4.exe (have not tried
> other versions).
>
> I tried changing the memory settings for the command.com program,
> but with no results.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Victor
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Music Technology Laboratory
> Music Department
> National University of Ireland, Maynooth
>
> --
> Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: program too big to fit in memory

Victor Lazzarini
I typed it into yahoo (you can tell people's age by the search
engine they use...) and saw a few explanations. The one that
made more sense was that the exe file was corrupted. Well,
we copied a new one and it works. So don't let WinXP fool you
with its meaningless error messages...

Victor