Quantcast

pattern layer

peiman
Hi there,

I'm just getting my head around the new layer configuration. How does one change the time division on the pattern layer?

Thanks
Peiman

Re: pattern layer

Steven Yi
Hi Peiman,

I had not sorted out time division for pattern layers.  Currently it
repeats every four beats.  SoundObjects can play less or more than the
four beats, so the grid is really just scheduling triggers to an
object, and the material can last longer or shorter than the grid
length.

There were two options I had thought of:

1. Use the duration of the SoundObject set for the layer as the
duration of repeat (changes the behavior from above)
2. Add a duration option to the layer header panel (Per layer)
3. Add a duration option to the layer group (per group of layers)

Does either sound good to you?  Also to note, I have to look at
implementing meters soon, so it could be another option to lock in to
measure length once meters are introduced.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM, peiman khosravi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm just getting my head around the new layer configuration. How does one
> change the time division on the pattern layer?
>
> Thanks
> Peiman

Re: pattern layer

peiman
Thanks for the info Steven. Let me get back to you on that one. I'll be doing some electro pop synth stuff in blue so I'll have a better idea after that!