i just released a new instrument based on the PADsynth GEN, called:
This PADsynth Xtended instrument produces 30 sinewaves to produce a sample - nice, but the PADsynth algorithm always sounds a bit clean.
Several methods are used to try to obtain an interesting, evolving timbre. Adding FM distortion and/or some distortion spices things up.
Of course, all off these modules can be swtiched off.
This instruments can morph sounds from heaven to hell - and back!
From LoFi to HiFi...
It takes a little while for the PADsynth GEN to produce the sample; the bigger amount of values that are to be computed, the longer it takes.
version 1.0, september 2016
- table resolution can be set of PADsynth, controlling the quality of the produced "sample". A setting of 18 produces a sample table of 2^18, and is a compromise between a fast response and sound quality.
Lower settings are faster, but can produce some LoFi results.
- FM on/off switch and mix for direct/FM
- ADSR envelope for index of FM
- Low, band, highpass filter (or no filter) is placed BEFORE the distortion unit. This can produce sqeaking sounds for extra "dirt"
- distortion module with on/off switch,
- compression on/off to control big amplitude differences of distortion
- ADSR envelope for distortion
- dirt setting for amplitude creates a random fluctuation in amplitude