missing python27.dll

Andreas Bergsland-2
Hi,
I am trying to install csound with python on a win 7 pc, 64-bit (intel
core i7). I ran the python 2.7.6 installer first, then the csound
6.02.exe installer, with the python option checked. When trying to run
csound from command line I now get an error saying that python27.dll is
missing. Win search located this file in the Windows\system32 directory,
which is included in the global Path. The Python27 folder on root is
also in the global path.
How can I fix this?
Best regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Bergsland,
postdoktor

Musikkteknologiseksjonen
Institutt for musikk
Olavskvartalet
NTNU
7491 Trondheim

Besøksadresse: Fjordgt.1 (3.etg.)
e-post: [hidden email]
Web: http://folk.ntnu.no/andbe
Tlf: 7359 0096
Mob: 4566 3316

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug trackers
csound6:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/tickets/
csound5:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/bugs/
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

andreas_bergsland.vcf (324 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: missing python27.dll

Victor Lazzarini
Can you run python from the same command-line prompt?

On 20 Feb 2014, at 11:38, Andreas Bergsland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to install csound with python on a win 7 pc, 64-bit (intel core i7). I ran the python 2.7.6 installer first, then the csound 6.02.exe installer, with the python option checked. When trying to run csound from command line I now get an error saying that python27.dll is missing. Win search located this file in the Windows\system32 directory, which is included in the global Path. The Python27 folder on root is also in the global path.
> How can I fix this?
> Best regards,
> Andreas
>
> --
> Andreas Bergsland,
> postdoktor
>
> Musikkteknologiseksjonen
> Institutt for musikk
> Olavskvartalet
> NTNU
> 7491 Trondheim
>
> Besøksadresse: Fjordgt.1 (3.etg.)
> e-post: [hidden email]
> Web: http://folk.ntnu.no/andbe
> Tlf: 7359 0096
> Mob: 4566 3316
>

> Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug trackers
> csound6:
>           https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/tickets/
> csound5:
>           https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/bugs/
> To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"
>

> <andreas_bergsland.vcf>

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug trackers
csound6:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/tickets/
csound5:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/bugs/
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

Re: missing python27.dll

Andreas Bergsland-2
OK, I fixed it by copying the python27.dll into the Csound\bin folder,
and it stopped complaining.

> Can you run python from the same command-line prompt?
Before that, I could rund python from command line after a restart.
But I don't quite understand why csound couldn't find the dll when it
was in the global search path.
Best,
Andreas

> On 20 Feb 2014, at 11:38, Andreas Bergsland<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to install csound with python on a win 7 pc, 64-bit (intel core i7). I ran the python 2.7.6 installer first, then the csound 6.02.exe installer, with the python option checked. When trying to run csound from command line I now get an error saying that python27.dll is missing. Win search located this file in the Windows\system32 directory, which is included in the global Path. The Python27 folder on root is also in the global path.
>> How can I fix this?
>> Best regards,
>> Andreas
>>
>> --
>> Andreas Bergsland,
>> postdoktor
>>
>> Musikkteknologiseksjonen
>> Institutt for musikk
>> Olavskvartalet
>> NTNU
>> 7491 Trondheim
>>
>> Besøksadresse: Fjordgt.1 (3.etg.)
>> e-post: [hidden email]
>> Web: http://folk.ntnu.no/andbe
>> Tlf: 7359 0096
>> Mob: 4566 3316
>>

>> Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug trackers
>> csound6:
>>            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/tickets/
>> csound5:
>>            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/bugs/
>> To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"
>>

>> <andreas_bergsland.vcf>
>

> Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug trackers
> csound6:
>              https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/tickets/
> csound5:
>              https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/bugs/
> To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

--
Andreas Bergsland,
postdoktor

Musikkteknologiseksjonen
Institutt for musikk
Olavskvartalet
NTNU
7491 Trondheim

Besøksadresse: Fjordgt.1 (3.etg.)
e-post: [hidden email]
Web: http://folk.ntnu.no/andbe
Tlf: 7359 0096
Mob: 4566 3316

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug trackers
csound6:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/tickets/
csound5:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/bugs/
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

andreas_bergsland.vcf (324 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: missing python27.dll

Andreas Bergsland-2
Sorry for the frequent posting, but my python issue seems not to be
solved. A minimal csd containing
pyinit
gets a syntax error with parsing failed. So, it seems like the python
modules are somewhat not completely in place.
Any ideas what to do?

> OK, I fixed it by copying the python27.dll into the Csound\bin folder,
> and it stopped complaining.
>

>> Can you run python from the same command-line prompt?
> Before that, I could rund python from command line after a restart.
> But I don't quite understand why csound couldn't find the dll when it
> was in the global search path.
> Best,
> Andreas
>>
>> On 20 Feb 2014, at 11:38, Andreas
>> Bergsland<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I am trying to install csound with python on a win 7 pc, 64-bit
>>> (intel core i7). I ran the python 2.7.6 installer first, then the
>>> csound 6.02.exe installer, with the python option checked. When
>>> trying to run csound from command line I now get an error saying
>>> that python27.dll is missing. Win search located this file in the
>>> Windows\system32 directory, which is included in the global Path.
>>> The Python27 folder on root is also in the global path.
>>> How can I fix this?
>>> Best regards,
>>> Andreas
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andreas Bergsland,
>>> postdoktor
>>>
>>> Musikkteknologiseksjonen
>>> Institutt for musikk
>>> Olavskvartalet
>>> NTNU

--
Andreas Bergsland,
postdoktor

Musikkteknologiseksjonen
Institutt for musikk
Olavskvartalet
NTNU
7491 Trondheim

Besøksadresse: Fjordgt.1 (3.etg.)
e-post: [hidden email]
Web: http://folk.ntnu.no/andbe
Tlf: 7359 0096
Mob: 4566 3316

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug trackers
csound6:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/tickets/
csound5:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/bugs/
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

andreas_bergsland.vcf (448 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: missing python27.dll

Perhaps your installation of Python is for 64 bit CPU architecture? Csound on WIndows is compiled for 32 bit CPU architecture.

Hope this helps,

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Andreas Bergsland <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

OK, issue solved. It seems the python version was the problem. After
installing 2.7.3 everything worked fine.
Sorry for the fuss.
Andreas

--
Andreas Bergsland,
postdoktor

Musikkteknologiseksjonen
Institutt for musikk
Olavskvartalet
NTNU
7491 Trondheim

Besøksadresse: Fjordgt.1 (3.etg.)
e-post: [hidden email]
Web: http://folk.ntnu.no/andbe
Tlf: 7359 0096
Mob: 4566 3316

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug trackers
csound6:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/tickets/
csound5:
            https://sourceforge.net/p/csound/bugs/
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

andreas_bergsland.vcf (448 bytes) Download Attachment

andreas_bergsland.vcf (324 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: missing python27.dll

sbogacz
Hi! I'm having the same problem.
I've installed Csound 64bit v6.09.0. Had the missing python27.dll problem. So I installed python-2.7.13 and still got the problem. Then copied the python27.dll file to the Csound bin folder and still can't open it!

Any help?