Quantcast

locater movements

menno
i was wondering if Blue, or more likely Csound6, is capable of changing for example the score in such a way, that, when Blue is playing, the end locater in the Score can be put elsewhere and Csound be updated and accept the new end time.

I'll rephrase the same question:
- Blue is running
- i decide to change the end locater (= end time of score)
- Csound adapts immediately

Please take this question so, that you are not spending hours and hours on this issue, but could it in principle be done?

Re: locater movements

Steven Yi

Hi Menno,

Yes it is possible and it is a feature that will be a part of Blue 3.0. In 3.0, the plan is that Blue will manage the score and sending if notes to Csound rather than have Csound manage the score. This will allow users then to move anywhere in the score, as well as interactively change objects while a project is running. The idea is that Csound will be always running and used for realtime events sent by Blue.

Thanks!
Steven

On Feb 11, 2014 8:41 AM, "menno" <[hidden email]> wrote:
i was wondering if Blue, or more likely Csound6, is capable of changing for
example the score in such a way, that, when Blue is playing, the end locater
in the Score can be put elsewhere and Csound be updated and accept the new
end time.

I'll rephrase the same question:
- Blue is running
- i decide to change the end locater (= end time of score)
- Csound adapts immediately

Please take this question so, that you are not spending hours and hours on
this issue, but could it *in principle* be done?

Re: locater movements

menno
you can't hear me, but i am making all kinds of little,tiny sounds of joy at the moment.....

Re: locater movements

Steven Yi
:)  Yes, I'm really excited for 3.0, but I'm also worrying about
performance as I have not yet tried example realtime tests.  I'm
hopeful it will work as designed, but that usually never happens. ;)
I'm trying to get focused to get 2.6 out now, and will continue to
work on 3.0-related experiments as I can.  Hopefully it will be
released sooner rather than later!