how many ugens

Victor Lazzarini
That's a question I never know the answer. How many
unit generators does csound (5) have? It would be something
perhaps that can be printed as a message when csound
starts, perhaps.

Victor
Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: how many ugens

Istvan Varga
Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> That's a question I never know the answer. How many
> unit generators does csound (5) have? It would be something
> perhaps that can be printed as a message when csound
> starts, perhaps.

The total count (at least of the build I have, it also depends on
which optional opcodes - e.g. Python or VST - are compiled) is 1066,
according to csound -z1; you need decrement that by one because the
first entry is a dummy opcode. So, there are 1065 opcodes, but this
still includes internal opcodes (those that have names like add.aa,
oscil.kk, etc.), all the varios arithmetic, logical, and other operators,
and some special symbols. After filtering these out, the real count of
opcodes and functions is about 820.
--
Send bugs reports to this list.