Quantcast

fractional values JMask

Menno Knevel
Is there a reason that p1 in JMask can not produce fractional values?
Or is it better to copy the instrument and use that one for different p values than the 1st one?

Re: fractional values JMask

Jan Jacob Hofmann
Dear menno,

neither can Cmask, as far as I can see. Maybe it is something hard-wired
in the code of these xmask-generators. That is why I make several copies
of the insturments for different p-values ...and end up having plenty of
active instruments. But that works well, I'd say...

Best,

Jan Jacob

sound      |      movement       |       object      |      space
sonic architecture     |      site: http://www.sonicarchitecture.de
spatial electronic composition    |    higher order ambisonic music

Am 14.03.2017 um 14:42 schrieb Menno Knevel:

> Is there a reason that p1 in JMask can not produce fractional values?
> Or is it better to copy the instrument and use that one for different p
> values than the 1st one?

Re: fractional values JMask

Menno Knevel
Hi Jan Jacob,

ah, that is quite possible that it is hard coded, because Steven made more or less a 1:1 copy of Cmask for JMask.
On the other hand, i made a request for a seed for JMask a while ago and that was implemented by Steven succesfully! For me, a quite important addition to the Cmask concept. Still grateful for that!

My guess is that it should be possible to change the code for p1 and my hope/guess it is not too hard to do - for someone who understand that is :)
I wish i was a programmer, but hey - i can do other stuff, like...well...pff...(there must be something...)

I was making minimal changes to the p fields and thought it would be more tidy to be able to use just one master Xlooper for that and use fractional copies of that master Xlooper this way.
I don't even think that it matters in terms of CPU load if one uses fractional instruments instead of multiple copies of the same instrument...