eqfil

Cacophony7
I want more information on the eqfil opcode.
Any emphasis is appreciated.
I'm trying to build my own equalizer so I can tweak those signals into perfection.

I suck at understanding bandpass filters like making sure that the signal doesn't get clipped
or making sure that a series of filters is flush and adjecent or understanding there math and
how they really work. I don't even know how to make a series other than adding all the filter
outputs together and then dividing it by the number of outputs making one messy output.

Re: [Csnd] eqfil

Victor Lazzarini
Here’s the paper describing it.

In it, there are plots of its amplitude response that might help you understand how
it work.

The best way to use it is in series, e.g.

 aleq eqfil al,    75,  75,ig1
 aleq eqfil aleq, 150, 150,ig2
 aleq eqfil aleq, 300, 300,ig3
 aleq eqfil aleq, 600, 600,ig4
 aleq eqfil aleq,1200,1200,ig5
 aleq eqfil aleq,2400,2400,ig6
 aleq eqfil aleq,4800,4800,ig7
 aleq eqfil aleq,9600,9600,ig8
 al   eqfil aleq,15000,10000,ig9

HTH

> On 7 Jul 2017, at 04:15, Cacophony7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I want more information on the eqfil opcode.
> Any emphasis is appreciated.
> I'm trying to build my own equalizer so I can tweak those signals into
> perfection.
>
> I suck at understanding bandpass filters like making sure that the signal
> doesn't get clipped
> or making sure that a series of filters is flush and adjecent or
> understanding there math and
> how they really work. I don't even know how to make a series other than
> adding all the filter
> outputs together and then dividing it by the number of outputs making one
> messy output.

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

01165037.pdf (400K) Download Attachment