csounds.com

jpff
Not wanting to out any pressure on anyone, but is there a problem with
csounds.com at present?
==John ffitch
--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: csounds.com

Doctor B
John, (and all Csounders),

So sorry about the problems with cSounds.com.

We have been down now for almost a week.

I have been on the phone with my hosting company every day asking them to
*please* check out the problem, get back to me and tell me what the problem
is, and to *please* bring the server back online.  I will call again today.

The plan is to move to another webhosting company the minute it comes back
up and we can retrieve all of David Akbari's, Steven Yi's, and Matt Ingalls'
most recent revisions to the site.

So sorry about the inconvenience.

No matter what, we should be back online within the next 2 days.

Dr. B.

on 5/19/05 3:59 AM, [hidden email] at [hidden email] wrote:

> Not wanting to out any pressure on anyone, but is there a problem with
> csounds.com at present?
> ==John ffitch

 +  Dr. Richard Boulanger, Professor
 +  Music Synthesis Department, Berklee College of Music
 +  1140 Boylston Street  - Boston, MA  02215-3693
 +  Office Phone: (617) 747-2485   Office Fax: (617) 747-2564
 +  eMail: [hidden email]
 +  WebPage: http://csounds.com/boulanger/
 +  Almost Everything Csound @ http://csounds.com/
 +  The Csound Instrument Catalog @ http://csounds.com/catalog/
 +  The Csound Book @ http://csounds.com/book/
 +  The Csound Magazine @ http://csounds.com/ezine/

Re: csounds.com

Andy Main
> The plan is to move to another webhosting company the minute it comes back
> up and we can retrieve all of David Akbari's, Steven Yi's, and Matt Ingalls'
> most recent revisions to the site.

Just a suggestion but why not host the web pages on sourceforge now as
well as the source?  Its free (as far as I know) and seems very
reliable.

Andy.
--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: csounds.com

Doctor B
Dear Csounders,

So sorry about the fact that cSounds.com has been down all week.

I plan to move it today to another host.

Thanks for the suggestion Andy, but there are things that I am planning with
cSounds.com - Computer Music Competitions, CD releases, Csound Internet
Radio, and of course - Csound Tshirt and Coffee Mug sales, that I don't
think they permit at sourceforge.

You can't imagine how frustrated I am with my current webhost.  They have
not helped at ALL. The site has been down for 5 days.  I call every day.
Sometimes they answer the phone but have no real answer for me.  Other
times, they don't answer the phone.

I will let you all know when I have moved the site.  Hopefully it will be up
by this afternoon.

-Dr. B.