csound~ for pd

Patrick.Pagano~
is there a help file or some doc on the external/connection to pd?
I can't seem to find a help file for it
i assume it runs .CSDs but i would love any info pointers on it

TY!

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

Steven Yi
Hi Pat,

There's an example in the csound/examples/csoundapi_tilde folder:

https://github.com/csound/csound/tree/develop/examples/csoundapi_tilde

I'm not sure if that's enough to get going but, if not, I'm sure
Victor or someone else could answer questions here.

steven

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 8:22 PM, Patrick.Pagano~ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> is there a help file or some doc on the external/connection to pd?
> I can't seem to find a help file for it
> i assume it runs .CSDs but i would love any info pointers on it
>
> TY!

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

Patrick.Pagano~
thank you Steven!
works like a charm!

now i am hunting a version of csound for arch linux32 for the organelle~
the pacman -S csound gives nothing, i don't know why it's not there, perhaps i am not pointing at the proper repos?

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

joachim-3
this could help in addition, too:
http://write.flossmanuals.net/csound/a-csound-in-pd/

best -
        joachim

On 28/06/17 04:01, Steven Yi wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
> There's an example in the csound/examples/csoundapi_tilde folder:
>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/tree/develop/examples/csoundapi_tilde
>
> I'm not sure if that's enough to get going but, if not, I'm sure
> Victor or someone else could answer questions here.
>
> steven
>
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 8:22 PM, Patrick.Pagano~ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> is there a help file or some doc on the external/connection to pd?
>> I can't seem to find a help file for it
>> i assume it runs .CSDs but i would love any info pointers on it
>>
>> TY!

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

Patrick.Pagano~
oh that's lovely, thank you.
i need to get my csound chops back up
i got really spoiled with cs4live~

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

joachim-3
there is mostly a way to regain the health =)

On 28/06/17 23:39, Patrick.Pagano~ wrote:

> oh that's lovely, thank you.
> i need to get my csound chops back up
> i got really spoiled with cs4live~

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

Doctor B
Hello Pat,

(cs4live~) Csound for Live "is" a very "healthy" way to work with Csound.
But...
One should also eat a lot of "Cabbage" too!  ;-)
And...
Csound for iOS and CsoundQt make for a balanced diet as well.
Finally...
Don't forget to "Floss" after meals!

Dr.B.

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
President of Boulanger Labs - http://boulangerlabs.com
Author & Editor of The Csound Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/csound-book
Author & Editor of The Audio Programming Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/audio-programming-book
about:
http://www.boulangerlabs.com/#about
about: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/
music: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/dr-richard-boulanger-music/

email: [hidden email]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 3:48 AM, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:
there is mostly a way to regain the health =)

On 28/06/17 23:39, Patrick.Pagano~ wrote:
oh that's lovely, thank you.
i need to get my csound chops back up
i got really spoiled with cs4live~

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

Patrick.Pagano~
Ha!

Thanks Dr. B !!
Such a nice way to say "RTFM"  ha!

so in my attempts to get a cross system currency i sheepishly installed the latest .dmg for mac in my older desktop and running   Csound6.09/with CsoundQt-osx-0.94 it complains

those libs are there but they are preventing the compilation, can someone comment on this?

WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libjacko.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libjackTransport.dylib' (-1)
WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/librtjack.dylib' (-1)

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

joachim-3
these are warnings, no errors.  if something is not working as expected,
look in the next parts of the console output, and report here, or
better, in the csoundqt mailing list.

        joachim

On 29/06/17 17:52, Patrick.Pagano~ wrote:

> Ha!
>
> Thanks Dr. B !!
> Such a nice way to say "RTFM"  ha!
>
> so in my attempts to get a cross system currency i sheepishly installed the
> latest .dmg for mac in my older desktop and running   Csound6.09/with
> CsoundQt-osx-0.94 it complains
>
> those libs are there but they are preventing the compilation, can someone
> comment on this?
>
> WARNING: could not open library
> '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libjacko.dylib'
> (-1)
> WARNING: could not open library
> '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libjackTransport.dylib'
> (-1)
> WARNING: could not open library
> '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/librtjack.dylib'
> (-1)

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

Patrick.Pagano~
i think i just chose a few tweaked out examples.
installed jack
compiled stk from CCRMA

I chose 04A06_Play_it_with_Midi.csd
by Joachim Heintz and it worked perfectly
i think i was expecting terminal to run every time but i see CQT has things covered.

Only thing i can think before diving in is

IS the a csound6~.pd_darwin? It would make things dreamy if i could work on my Mac desktop and then port stuff to the organelle~ [Linux32]

Re: [Csnd] csound~ for pd

Patrick.Pagano~
found it in Resources/PD
loving it
THANKS VICTOR!

has anyone done any other instruments for csound~ in pd?