Quantcast

blue Live midi question

ebmtranceboy
Hi,
Suppose I add two soundObjects in Live Space (a pianoRollTune associated with a piano instrument (ID 1) and a BassTune associated with a low frequency instrument (ID 2)) like this

When blue Live is activated, I can trigger each one of them and that sounds as expected.
When I also activate Midi Input, the keys of my keyboard trigger the piano (ID 1).
Is there a way to tell blue Live to send the keys of my keyboard to intrument 2 instead ?

P.S.  "massign 0,2" in Global Orchestra did not help me

Re: blue Live midi question

Steven Yi
If you are using blue's midi input, you should just change the channel
of on your midi keyboard.  Channel 1 will map to the first instrument
in your orch, Channel 2 will map to the second instrument, and so on.
Have you tried this?

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 10:34 AM, ebmtranceboy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Suppose I add two soundObjects in Live Space (a pianoRollTune associated
> with a piano instrument (ID 1) and a BassTune associated with a low
> frequency instrument (ID 2)) like this
> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n4770732/livespace.png
> When blue Live is activated, I can trigger each one of them and that sounds
> as expected.
> When I also activate Midi Input, the keys of my keyboard trigger the piano
> (ID 1).
> Is there a way to tell blue Live to send the keys of my keyboard to
> intrument 2 instead ?
>
> P.S.  "massign 0,2" in Global Orchestra did not help me

Re: blue Live midi question

ebmtranceboy
This post was updated on .
unfortunately, this is akai lpk25 and only a windows software exists to set things up (i don't even know if this software prodives a way to do this). On Ubuntu, I really don't know how to do this.

it is possible with

  • enabling the virtual midi devices : modprobe snd-virmidi
  • launching blue and select a virtual midi device (MIDI tag in Options), say 24:0
  • launching midish in interactive mode : rmidish
> dnew 1 "20:0" ro # my keyboard

> dnew 0 "24:0" rw # the virtual device

> fnew mymap # declare my map

> fmap {any {1 0}} {any {0 0}} # channel 1 to channel 1 -> blue plays instrument1

> freset

> fmap {any {1 0}} {any {0 1}} # channel 1 to channel 2 -> blue plays instrument2

hope it will help

Re: blue Live midi question

Steven Yi
Just to followup, I have been doing some sketching/planning work on
MIDI recording and am planning on a new MIDI editor to replace the
current MIDI Input Panel.  The editor will allow choosing MIDI Channel
-> Instrument mapping as well as customizing options per channel (i.e.
could have a different tuning on every channel). I think I have a
basic plan now for this and will be working on this over the weekend.
This is a first step before implementing performance recording into
PianoRolls/Generic Score.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM, ebmtranceboy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> unfortunately, this is akai lpk25 and only a windows software exists to set
> things up (i don't even know if this software prodives a way to do this). On
> Ubuntu, I really don't know how to do this.

Re: blue Live midi question

ebmtranceboy
have you planned to implement a functionnality that enables a same MIDI signal to trigger several different instruments (as it is currently possible with the midish virtual solution) ?
I don't have any particular example where that could be useful but I like the idea that I'm able to do it if I want.