Quantcast

api on osx

peiman
Hi Steven,

I was just wandering what is the state of blue with api on osx at the moment? I have dumped csound floats and api does not seem to be working with blue. The option is available from the menu but ticking the box doesn't change anything.

Thanks

Peiman

Re: api on osx

Steven Yi
Strangely enough, I've only gotten the API to work with the float
build of the API (which is completely odd as the Java JAR library I
use is the double version).  I have not managed to figure out what is
going wrong with the double version of the API.  I have not had time
for further investigation.

I have not tried compiling on OSX using Scons, however.  I do not know
if that would make it work with doubles.  I should be getting csound
setup sometime this week for compiling and will see what happens.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:59 PM, peiman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> I was just wandering what is the state of blue with api on osx at the
> moment? I have dumped csound floats and api does not seem to be working with
> blue. The option is available from the menu but ticking the box doesn't
> change anything.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peiman

Re: api on osx

peiman
Thanks Steven,

I look forward to any advances.

Best,

Peiman

Re: api on osx

peiman
Hi Steven,

Do you know what is the current situation with running blue with the api on OSX? Is there a trick that makes it work?

Thanks

Peiman

Re: api on osx

Steven Yi
Hi Peiman,

I self-compiled Csound and am able use the API without problems. The
build instructions I wrote are at:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/csound/index.php?title=Building_Csound_on_OSX_Lion

I've been travelling a lot (on a vacation trip at the moment! Will
return home Monday) lately.  I've been meaning to try to put together
a Csound build I could distribute for blue user's but haven't quite
worked it all out.  Plus I wanted to get QuteCsound building on my
system so if I did do a Csound build to send that users who used it
wouldn't lose QuteCsound.

On the other hand, it seems like Victor may be working on a new OSX
release, but I do not know when that will be available.

When I get back Monday, what I'll do is zip up my
CsoundLib64.framework and /usr/local/bin/csound64 and can post that on
my site.  Maybe that'll be enough to try out to see if it will work on
your system.

BTW: What version of OSX are you using?  I'm concerned as I built
csound on Lion but I don't know if it will run on earlier OSX builds
without the min-compatibility flag that we're not using in SCons right
now for Csound.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:02 AM, peiman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> Do you know what is the current situation with running blue with the api on
> OSX? Is there a trick that makes it work?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peiman

Re: api on osx

peiman
Thanks Steven,

I haven't got time to try and built Csound at the moment, but there is no rush and I'll happily wait for the next release. As for version I'm on 10.6.8 and can't see myself switching to Lion in the next few months or so. I've decided that I waste a good portion of my life switching OS versions. I'll happily do any testing on my machine if you haven't got access to one.

Best,

Peiman

Re: api on osx

boonier
Hi, as a new release (5.14) has come out, has this changed anything at all?

many thanks

Re: api on osx

Steven Yi
I have not tested myself, but would love to hear if anyone has tested.

Sidenote: I have been busy the past week trying to get the i386/x86_64
5.14 installer built for OSX 10.6/10.7.  I'm pretty at least this will
work as I am building it on my computer.

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 12:16 PM, boonier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, as a new release (5.14) has come out, has this changed anything at all?
>
> many thanks

Re: api on osx

boonier
Hi

IS this with the latest version of Blue 2.1.6? No it seems to crash on my kit. Csound 5.14, osx 10.6.8.

To be honest, I got a little confused at the installation bit of the manual when it comes to testing the api. I couldn't find the java files mentioned either! Am I missing something? Also, the mac installer installs both the float and double versions, is that a problem?

Looking forward to that installer :)

cheers