Utilities Crash on Win XP

Joong-Hoon Kang
Hello

I am getting trouble with anal utilities. They crash every time. I tried
different files and formats but did not help.
All utilities just show this message and then crash

Using default language
0dBFS level = 32767.0

Winsound.exe does exactly the same.
I am using windows xp sp2 and csound version 4.23f13
Please help

Thank you

Hoon.

Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Utilities Crash on Win XP

Istvan Varga
Try running the utilities with csound -U, for example:
    csound -U pvanal sndfile.wav pvfile.pv
Or, even better, use Csound 5 from here:

On Thursday 02 March 2006 18:36, Joong-Hoon Kang wrote:

> I am getting trouble with anal utilities. They crash every time. I tried
> different files and formats but did not help.
> All utilities just show this message and then crash
>
> Using default language
> 0dBFS level = 32767.0
>
> Winsound.exe does exactly the same.
> I am using windows xp sp2 and csound version 4.23f13
Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Utilities Crash on Win XP

Joong-Hoon Kang

Thank you for your response Istvan.
Csound.exe with -U float does not work either
It seems that utilities throw a exception when they open a sound file for
writing.
I am just wondering whether version 4 utilities are broken on windows.
Anyway I will try with csound5.

Thanks

Hoon.

Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:03:28 +0100