Time display strange within Polyobjects?

Time display strange within Polyobjects?

Andres Cabrera-3
Hi Steven,
I've noticed a strange behaviour of the time display within polyobjects
which seems related to the snap options and panel. I've attached a file,
and please try the following:
-Open the soundobject library and enter the sound object. There, go to
the last object and drag it. Notice how the timeline is not stable. It
can be solved by opening the snap panel, disabling snap and closing the
panel again.

Cheers,
Andrés

Ployobject.blue (9K) Download Attachment

Re: Time display strange within Polyobjects?

Steven Yi
Hi Andres,

I tried this file and did not notice any timeline instability. Could
you describe the instability in more detail?  I'm not sure this is
related, but for the timeline it auto updates the size to add time if
you're dragging and you go beyond a certain time limit, but I think
it's after 5:00 and then every minute after that.  It would have also
happened with snap or without.

Could you also mention what version of blue, what operating system and
version, and also what version of Java you are running?

On 3/12/06, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
> I've noticed a strange behaviour of the time display within polyobjects
> which seems related to the snap options and panel. I've attached a file,
> and please try the following:
> -Open the soundobject library and enter the sound object. There, go to
> the last object and drag it. Notice how the timeline is not stable. It
> can be solved by opening the snap panel, disabling snap and closing the
> panel again.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés

Re: Time display strange within Polyobjects?

Andres Cabrera-3
Hi Steven,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm running linux FC4
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)
and blue 0.104.0beta
The instability I'm refering to is that the time display changes to a
strange time when selecting an object inside the polyobject.
For instance, when the polyobject is opened from the sound object
library, and you move to the right using the scroller, to show the
rightmost objects, the object called 10000Hz appears to be at some time,
but when you click on the empty space below the track, or resize the
track panel, the time changes.
On further inspection, the problem seems to be more related to the
scroll bar and the resizing of the pane. When you resize the panel to
accomodate more or less time on the timeline, the objects seem to be
placed at incorrect times.
Can you observe the behaviour now? I've sent this file since it doesn't
seem to occur all the time...
Thanks,
Andrés

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 20:31 -0800, Steven Yi wrote:

> Hi Andres,
>
> I tried this file and did not notice any timeline instability. Could
> you describe the instability in more detail?  I'm not sure this is
> related, but for the timeline it auto updates the size to add time if
> you're dragging and you go beyond a certain time limit, but I think
> it's after 5:00 and then every minute after that.  It would have also
> happened with snap or without.
>
> Could you also mention what version of blue, what operating system and
> version, and also what version of Java you are running?
>
> Thanks,
> steven
>

> On 3/12/06, Andres Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Steven,
> > I've noticed a strange behaviour of the time display within polyobjects
> > which seems related to the snap options and panel. I've attached a file,
> > and please try the following:
> > -Open the soundobject library and enter the sound object. There, go to
> > the last object and drag it. Notice how the timeline is not stable. It
> > can be solved by opening the snap panel, disabling snap and closing the
> > panel again.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andrés

> &#0;

Re: Time display strange within Polyobjects?

Steven Yi
Hi Andres,

I think I am running the same setup as you on my laptop at home.  I
have tried a few times, dragging things around, resizing the timeline,
scrolling, etc., but unfortunately have not been able to reproduce
your bug. =(

I am about to release a new blue tonight; perhaps give this one a try
(though I don't believe I've changed any code that would affect it),
and if the problem persists, I'll try to fix it in the next round.
(BTW: If you do happen to see the error again, please take a
screenshot and send that to me. Thanks!)

steven