Time Stretch using 'pvsifd'

Bob Bear

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is an opcode for time stretching with the pvsifd analysis? Iv been using this with 'partials' for pitchscaling and 'resyn' for resynthesis, but Id like to do some time stretching to if possible (using this analysis opcode).

Cheers!

BB

Re: Time Stretch using 'pvsifd'

David Akbari
In general I'm curious if the paper that outlines the basis for the
pvsifd technology is available anywhere.

I have not been able to locate it yet, but I will keep searching.

-David

Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Time Stretch using 'pvsifd'

Bob Bear
Same here, I had a butchers on Google, but nothing.

BB

--
Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Time Stretch using 'pvsifd'

It's possible to do timestretching with partial tracking
using the pvsfread + partials. Just feed the output fsig
from pvsfread to both fsig inputs in partials.
The main thing is that the frame rate has to be altered for
any timescale
modifications. Hence, pvsifd or pvsanal cannot be used
for that purpose.

What we need and I have to write (just been too lazy to do
it) is an analysis utility to generate files with partial
tracks and
an opcode to read them and feed directly to adsyn/resyn.

For the moment, the pvsfread will work anyway. In fact you
don't need to do partial tracking, but that can help give a
better quality esp. with extreme stretching.

Victor

> In general I'm curious if the paper that outlines the
> basis for the  pvsifd technology is available anywhere.
>
> I have not been able to locate it yet, but I will keep
> searching.
>

> -David
>
> On Mar 3, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Bob Bear wrote:
>

> >  Hi,
> >
> >  Does anyone know if there is an opcode for time
> > stretching with the  pvsifd analysis? Iv been using this
> > with 'partials' for pitchscaling  and 'resyn' for
> > resynthesis, but Id like to do some time stretching to
> if possible (using this analysis opcode). >
> >  Cheers!
> >
> >  BB
>
> --
> Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Time Stretch using 'pvsifd'

It's in the ICMC05 and DAfx05 proceedings. The latter might
be
available online. But you can get a copy off me, just let me
know.

Victor

> Same here, I had a butchers on Google, but nothing.
>
>   BB
>

> David Akbari <[hidden email]> wrote:  In general I'm
> curious if the paper that outlines the basis for the
> pvsifd technology is available anywhere.
>
> I have not been able to locate it yet, but I will keep
> searching.
>

> -David
>
> On Mar 3, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Bob Bear wrote:
>

> >  Hi,
> >
> >  Does anyone know if there is an opcode for time
> > stretching with the  pvsifd analysis? Iv been using this
> > with 'partials' for pitchscaling  and 'resyn' for
> > resynthesis, but Id like to do some time stretching to
> if possible (using this analysis opcode). >
> >  Cheers!
> >
> >  BB
>
> --
> Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Time Stretch using 'pvsifd'

David Akbari
Hi Victor,

On Mar 3, 2006, at 9:03 PM, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> ICMC05 and DAfx05 proceedings

I've been looking for a copy since the last release, and I can't find
it anywhere online.

If you could email this to me privately or post a link to the list I
would appreciate it, as I've been really interested to analyze the
technique in greater theoretical detail.

-David

Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Time Stretch using 'pvsifd'

luis jure
el Sat, 04 Mar 2006 03:03:11 +0100
Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> escribió:

> It's in the ICMC05 and DAfx05 proceedings. The latter might
> be available online. But you can get a copy off me, just let me
> know.

here you can find the DAFx05 proceedings:
http://dafx05.ssr.upm.es/proceedings.htm

i guess you're referring to this paper:

Alternative analysis-resynthesis approaches for timescale, frequency
and other transformations of musical signals
Victor Lazzarini, Joseph Timoney and Thomas Lysaght
http://dafx05.ssr.upm.es/Proc_DAFx05/P_018.pdf
Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Time Stretch using 'pvsifd'

jlato
Victor,
I'd like a copy, if you'd be able to send one to me.
Thank you,
John Lato

Quoting Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>:

> It's in the ICMC05 and DAfx05 proceedings. The latter might
> be
> available online. But you can get a copy off me, just let me
> know.
>
> Victor
> >

> > Same here, I had a butchers on Google, but nothing.
> >
> >   BB
> >

> > David Akbari <[hidden email]> wrote:  In general I'm
> > curious if the paper that outlines the basis for the
> > pvsifd technology is available anywhere.
> >
> > I have not been able to locate it yet, but I will keep
> > searching.
> >

> > -David
> >
> > On Mar 3, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Bob Bear wrote:
> >

> > >  Hi,
> > >
> > >  Does anyone know if there is an opcode for time
> > > stretching with the  pvsifd analysis? Iv been using this
> > > with 'partials' for pitchscaling  and 'resyn' for
> > > resynthesis, but Id like to do some time stretching to
> > if possible (using this analysis opcode). >
> > >  Cheers!
> > >
> > >  BB
> >
> > --
> > Send bugs reports to this list.
> > [hidden email]

Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Time Stretch using 'pvsifd'

I'll send it one to all of you interested via a private
e-mail
on Monday (it's at the office).

Victor