SCONS option persistence

vanDongen/Gilcher

In another project that uses scons, the options are persistent across
invocations.
In csound5 this is not the case, is that a deliberate decision?
The result is that I have to reset the options when I do a "scons
install", because otherwise it will rebuild the tree with the default
options.

Gerard

RE: SCONS option persistence

Michael Gogins
It is not deliberate. I was not aware that the options could persist. How
is that done?

Re: SCONS option persistence

vanDongen/Gilcher
On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:18:10 +0200, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is not deliberate. I was not aware that the options could persist. How
> is that done?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

With another project it is setup that way, so I thought it was the default
scons system.

http://www.scons.org/doc/HTML/scons-user/x1372.html
seems to describe how it is done, but I am just starting to dig my way
into this build system,

regards
Gerard

Steven Yi
Hi All,

Reading the page, I don't think it I read it the same way as everyone
else; seems to me that it just stores info about how the object files
were created (what flags were used) and if different ones are given it
rebuilds.

Anyways, for me, I've had two shell scripts, build.sh and install.sh,
that have my settings for building csound5 and I just store all my
flags there.  (I've attached copies if anyone wants to take a look).
I use similar ones when building on mingw as well.

steven

On 5/17/05, gerard van dongen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:18:10 +0200, [hidden email]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It is not deliberate. I was not aware that the options could persist. How
> > is that done?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mike
> >

> With another project it is setup that way, so I thought it was the default
> scons system.
>
> http://www.scons.org/doc/HTML/scons-user/x1372.html
> seems to describe how it is done, but I am just starting to dig my way
> into this build system,
>
> regards
> Gerard

build.sh (394 bytes) Download Attachment
install.sh (332 bytes) Download Attachment