Re: [Csnd-dev] VST Host Source Code

Michael Gogins-2
Thank you very much for your kind permission, and for your prompt
response. Of course, this license exception only applies to our
derived version of your VSTHost code.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Hermann Seib <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> //
>> //  Uses code by Hermann Seib from his Vst Host program
>> //  and from the vst~ object by Thomas Grill,
>> //  which in turn borrows from the Psycle tracker.
>> //  VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
>> //  VST Plug-In Technology by Steinberg.
>> //
>> //  Copyright (C) 2004 Andres Cabrera, Michael Gogins
>> //
>> //  The vst4cs library is free software; you can redistribute it
>> //  and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
>> //  License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
>> //  version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
>> //
>> //  The vst4cs library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
>> //  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
>> //  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
>> //  GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
>> //
>> //  You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
>> //  License along with The vst4cs library; if not, write to the Free
>> Software
>> //  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA
>> //  02111-1307 USA
>> //
>> //  Linking vst4cs statically or dynamically with other modules is making
>> //  combined work based on vst4cs. Thus, the terms and conditions of the
>> GNU
>> //  Lesser General Public License cover the whole combination.
>> //
>> //  In addition, as a special exception, the copyright holders of vst4cs
>> give
>> //  you permission to combine vst4cs with free software programs or
>> libraries
>> //  that are released under the GNU LGPL and with code included in the
>> //  standard release of the VST SDK version 2 under the terms of the
>> license
>> //  stated in the VST SDK version 2 files. You may copy and distribute
>> such a
>> //  system following the terms of the GNU LGPL for vst4cs and the licenses
>> of
>> //  the other code concerned. The source code for the VST SDK version 2 is
>> //  available in the VST SDK hosted at
>> https://github.com/steinbergmedia/vst3sdk.
>> //
>> //  Note that people who make modified versions of vst4cs are not
>> obligated to
>> //  grant this special exception for their modified versions; it is their
>> //  choice whether to do so. The GNU Lesser General Public License gives
>> //  permission to release a modified version without this exception; this
>> //  exception also makes it possible to release a modified version which
>> //  carries forward this exception.
>>
>> May we have your permission to make this our license for our code

genell
Very well done!!!
It is always heartening when people prove sensible and are prone to come to an agreement. It is a major reason open source (and free software) is the best (only?) way to go!
Thank you for you efforts, Mike!!

Regards,
Anders