Quantcast

Re: [Csnd-dev] Csound - Visual Studio no longer building

12

Re: [Csnd-dev] Csound - Visual Studio no longer building

Stephen Kyne

Hmm damn, I'll take a look now. I split out the script into two different files, one for dependencies and the other to generate the solution. There is a problem with an environmental var not getting set sometimes. I'll submit a fix soon hopefully.

Stephen

Re: [Csnd-dev] Csound - Visual Studio no longer building

Stephen Kyne

I pushed a fix there, it's building on appveyor again now. Had an extra indirection in the local vcpkg path that shouldn't have been there. You should be able to generate the project file properly again.

Hmm damn, I'll take a look now. I split out the script into two different files, one for dependencies and the other to generate the solution. There is a problem with an environmental var not getting set sometimes. I'll submit a fix soon hopefully.

Stephen

I cloned the latest dev branch today to have another go at adding the osc opcodes, but I can no longer get Csound to build at all. I'm getting almost 300 errors relating to everything from Csound AC to FLTK widgets. Seems like something is not right.

http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csnd-dev-Csound-Visual-Studio-no-longer-building-tp5755912.html
csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com
[Csnd-dev] Csound - Visual Studio no longer building. I cloned the latest dev branch today to have another go at adding the osc opcodes, but I can no longer get Csound to build at all. I'm getting...

To unsubscribe from Csound - Dev, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Csound - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Csnd-dev] Csound - Visual Studio no longer building

rorywalsh
I just did a pull there and tried the steps again. Unfortunately I'm still getting a lot of errors regarding fltk stuff? I did a git stash before I pulled just to make sure I got the full thing. Odd. But we're now down to 77 errors as opposed to 277 ;)

On 5 May 2017 at 12:07, Stephen Kyne <[hidden email]> wrote:

I pushed a fix there, it's building on appveyor again now. Had an extra indirection in the local vcpkg path that shouldn't have been there. You should be able to generate the project file properly again.

Hmm damn, I'll take a look now. I split out the script into two different files, one for dependencies and the other to generate the solution. There is a problem with an environmental var not getting set sometimes. I'll submit a fix soon hopefully.

Stephen

Sent from the Csound - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Csnd-dev] Csound - Visual Studio no longer building

Stephen Kyne

I'd probably delete the csound-vs folder if I were you and just generate the project again. FLTK stuff shouldn't be giving errors!

Stephen

[...]

It might help to compare against the appveyor log for a successful build and see where it's going wrong.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/csound/csound

Stephen

[...]

Appyveyor builds all branches, it's failing to build one I'm working on to get liblo into dev (msvc_cmake_changes).

You can use dev (without liblo) just fine. I'm going to work that way from now on to avoid breaking the build.

Maybe you should throw up the log of the "generateProject.bat" script and of the msvc build.

Stephen

[...]

Here it is. I find it odd that suddenly I'm getting so many errors considering it was building fine? I can also post the output from the build process, although it's quite lengthy!

c:\Users\rory\sourcecode\csound\msvc>generateProject.bat
Generating Csound VS project...
vcpkg already installed on system, finding directory
VCPKG script: 'C:\Users\rory\sourcecode\vcpkg\scripts\buildsystems\vcpkg.cmake'
CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:12 (if):
  Policy CMP0054 is not set: Only interpret if() arguments as variables or
  keywords when unquoted.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0054" for policy
  details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
  warning.

  Quoted variables like "MSVC" will no longer be dereferenced when the policy
  is set to NEW.  Since the policy is not set the OLD behavior will be used.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- C:/Users/rory/sourcecode/csound
-- LIBRARY INSTALL DIR: lib
-- Building with 64-bit floats
CMake Warning (dev) at cmake/CompilerOptimizations.cmake:22 (if):
  Policy CMP0054 is not set: Only interpret if() arguments as variables or
  keywords when unquoted.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0054" for policy
  details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
  warning.

  Quoted variables like "MSVC" will no longer be dereferenced when the policy
  is set to NEW.  Since the policy is not set the OLD behavior will be used.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:195 (include)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Including Custom.cmake file: C:/Users/rory/sourcecode/csound/msvc/Custom-vs.cmake
-- BUILD_BIN_DIR set to C:/Users/rory/sourcecode/csound/msvc/csound-vs.
-- BUILD_LIB_DIR set to C:/Users/rory/sourcecode/csound/msvc/csound-vs.
-- BUILD_PLUGINS_DIR set to C:/Users/rory/sourcecode/csound/msvc/csound-vs.
-- Boost version: 1.60.0
-- Could NOT find Java (missing:  Java_JAVA_EXECUTABLE Java_JAR_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVAC_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVAH_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVADOC_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find JNI (missing:  JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY JAVA_JVM_LIBRARY JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2 JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH)
-- Could NOT find LUAJIT (missing:  LUAJIT_LIBRARY)
-- Could NOT find MUSICXML (missing:  MUSICXML_LIBRARY MUSICXML_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find PORTSMF (missing:  PORTSMF_LIBRARY PORTSMF_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Found PythonLibs: C:/Python27/libs/python27.lib (found suitable version "2.7.10+", minimum required is "2.7")
-- Could NOT find STK (missing:  STK_LIBRARY STK_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find VSTSDK2X (missing:  VSTSDK2X_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Not using atomic builtins - not found
-- HAVE_LRINT="", so disabling USE_LRINT
-- USE_LRINT is disabled.
-- Not using CURL for urls - disabled.
-- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
-- GIT: C:/Program Files/Git/cmd/git.exe
-- HASH: ebead325498f4c3417942d7791d4918b2da70a2a
-- Not building with new parser debugging.
-- Building with multicore support.
-- USE_GETTEXT is disabled.
-- Not using localization.
-- Found PythonLibs: C:/Python27/libs/python27.lib (found version "2.7.10+")
-- BUILD_CHUA_OPCODES is enabled.
-- LADSPA_H="", so disabling BUILD_DSSI_OPCODES
-- BUILD_DSSI_OPCODES is disabled.
-- BUILD_FLUID_OPCODES is disabled.
-- JACK_HEADER="", so disabling BUILD_JACK_OPCODES
-- BUILD_JACK_OPCODES is disabled.
-- GMM_HEADER="", so disabling BUILD_LINEAR_ALGEBRA_OPCODES
-- BUILD_LINEAR_ALGEBRA_OPCODES is disabled.
-- LIBLO_LIBRARY="", so disabling BUILD_OSC_OPCODES
-- OSC_HEADER="", so disabling BUILD_OSC_OPCODES
-- BUILD_OSC_OPCODES is disabled.
-- BUILD_IMAGE_OPCODES is enabled.
-- BUILD_PYTHON_OPCODES is enabled.
-- BUILD_LUA_OPCODES is disabled.
-- WIIUSE_H="", so disabling BUILD_WIIMOTE_OPCODES
-- WIIUSE_LIB="WIIUSE_LIB-NOTFOUND", so disabling BUILD_WIIMOTE_OPCODES
-- BUILD_WIIMOTE_OPCODES is disabled.
-- P5GLOVE_H="", so disabling BUILD_P5GLOVE_OPCODES
-- BUILD_P5GLOVE_OPCODES is disabled.
-- BUILD_FAUST_OPCODES is disabled.
-- BUILD_VST4CS_OPCODES is disabled.
-- VSTSDK2X_INCLUDE_DIR: VSTSDK2X_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
-- Could NOT find STK (missing:  STK_LIBRARY STK_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- STK_FOUND="FALSE", so disabling BUILD_STK_OPCODES
-- STK_INCLUDE_DIR="STK_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND", so disabling BUILD_STK_OPCODES
-- BUILD_STK_OPCODES is disabled.
-- HDF5_library="HDF5_library-NOTFOUND", so disabling BUILD_HDF5_OPCODES
-- BUILD_HDF5_OPCODES is disabled.
-- websockets_library="websockets_library-NOTFOUND", so disabling BUILD_WEBSOCKET_OPCODE
-- BUILD_WEBSOCKET_OPCODE is disabled.
--
-- ## REALTIME AUDIO AND MIDI ##
-- USE_COREMIDI is disabled.
-- USE_AUDIOUNIT is disabled.
-- USE_ALSA is disabled.
-- Building Windows MME plugin(rtwinmm).
-- USE_PULSEAUDIO is disabled.
-- USE_PORTAUDIO is enabled.
-- Building rtpa module.
-- PORTTIME_INCLUDE_PATH="", so disabling USE_PORTMIDI
-- PORTMIDI_LIBRARY="PORTMIDI_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND", so disabling USE_PORTMIDI
-- USE_PORTMIDI is disabled.
-- USE_JACK is disabled.
-- USE_FLTK is enabled.
-- BUILD_VIRTUAL_KEYBOARD is enabled.
--
-- Building C++ interface library.
-- Found SWIG: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/swig.exe (found suitable version "3.0.6", minimum required is "2.0")
-- Could NOT find JNI (missing:  JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY JAVA_JVM_LIBRARY JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2 JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH)
-- Could NOT find Java (missing:  Java_JAVA_EXECUTABLE Java_JAR_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVAC_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVAH_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVADOC_EXECUTABLE)
-- PYTHON_LIBRARY: C:/Python27/libs/python27.lib
-- BUILD_PYTHON_INTERFACE is enabled.
-- JNI_FOUND="FALSE", so disabling BUILD_JAVA_INTERFACE
-- JAVA_FOUND="FALSE", so disabling BUILD_JAVA_INTERFACE
-- BUILD_JAVA_INTERFACE is disabled.
-- BUILD_LUA_INTERFACE is disabled.
CMake Deprecation Warning at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.8/Modules/UseSWIG.cmake:226 (message):
  SWIG_ADD_MODULE is deprecated.  Use SWIG_ADD_LIBRARY instead.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  interfaces/CMakeLists.txt:121 (SWIG_ADD_MODULE)

-- Building csLadspa.
-- BUILD_CSBEATS is enabled.
-- BUILD_PD_CLASS is disabled.
-- BUILD_WINSOUND is disabled.
-- Found SWIG: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/swig.exe (found version "3.0.6")
-- BUILD_CSOUND_AC is enabled.
-- BUILD_CSOUND_AC_PYTHON_INTERFACE is enabled.
-- BUILD_CSOUND_AC_LUA_INTERFACE is disabled.
-- USE_SYSTEM_PORTSMF is disabled.
-- Building CsoundAC Python interface.
CMake Deprecation Warning at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.8/Modules/UseSWIG.cmake:226 (message):
  SWIG_ADD_MODULE is deprecated.  Use SWIG_ADD_LIBRARY instead.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  frontends/CsoundAC/CMakeLists.txt:122 (swig_add_module)

-- BUILD_CSOUNDVST is disabled.
-- BUILD_CSOUNDVST: OFF.
-- Not building csound~ for Max/MSP
-- MAX_SDK_ROOT is not defined.
-- Not building src_conv (libsndfile or libsamplerate not found).
-- CUNIT_LIBRARY="CUNIT_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND", so disabling BUILD_TESTS
-- BUILD_TESTS is disabled.
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/Users/rory/sourcecode/csound/msvc/csound-vs

On 6 May 2017 at 09:44, Stephen Kyne <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

You have some extra dependencies on your system. Like the msys ones, it's possible they being picked up but won't build correctly. You might have to disable whatever components are failing, like anything using fltk.

Other than that it looks normal enough.

Stephen

[...]

Btw, I just tried adding OSC, I can get it as part of the project now, but it won't build:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error (active) E1696 cannot open source file "unistd.h" osc c:\Users\rory\sourcecode\csound\Opcodes\OSC.c 27
Error (active) E0852 expression must be a pointer to a complete object type osc c:\Users\rory\sourcecode\csound\Opcodes\OSC.c 334
Error (active) E0852 expression must be a pointer to a complete object type osc c:\Users\rory\sourcecode\csound\Opcodes\OSC.c 335
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory osc C:\Users\rory\sourcecode\csound\Opcodes\OSC.c 27

You're probably still working away on it there. FWIW I'm still only trying with 0.28 which I believe is the version that has always been used with Csound.

On 6 May 2017 at 12:02, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I've committed some code to get this to build now. unistd doesn't exist in msvc and there was a code error too. I haven't quite figured out the static build of OSC yet. It's looking to pull in pthreads in our cmake file but not sure if that should be done with the liblo build itself.

The whole liblo building on windows is a mess anyway. The build doesn't work past vs2012 with premake, the cmake build doesn't even work at all. I've submitted a pull request to fix part of it but it hasn't been acknowledged yet so I don't know when that will get resolved. I might have to make a patch and apply that locally whenever we build it.

Stephen

[...]

I've managed to get my pull request approved and merged into the main liblo git repo. I should be able to automate it into the build if you want to wait for that.

If you do it manually  though it will work now. I've commited the csound fix a while ago so it should build and work hopefully.

You can manually add the locations on the cmake command line or add to the generateProject.bat.
-DOSC_HEADER="..\staging\liblo-0.28" `
 -DLIBLO_LIBRARY="..\staging\liblo-0.28\lib\ReleaseDLL\liblo.lib"

Thanks,
Stephen

[...]

I've integrated it into the build now but on the "msvc_cmake_changes" branch. I'll see if appveyor passes and then merge to develop after.  It doesn't include the threading option though. I still have to get pthreads working with it.

Thanks,
Stephen

[...]

Hi Rory,

The download script will pull down liblo as well so you can just leave whatever version you were using. There is still a problem getting pthreads to build with it. It turns out that threading is required by Csound, as Michael mentioned. Once I can get it to build with pthreads, it will be 100% working. There is a link error at the minute due to it being missing.

Thanks,
Stephen