Re: [Csnd] csound 6.11.0 is released

joachim-3
thanks to all!!!

and very happy to see the setrow/getrow etc for i-arrays now; very useful.

        joachim

On 10/05/18 14:54, John wrote:

> [...]
>
> - diskin2 was incorrectly described in the manual with respect to the
>   iformat parameter.  Now if iformat is zero the file is expected to
>   have an audio header; if in the range 1-10 (rather than 0-9 as
>   before) then it is opened as raw with the specified sample format.
>   ***THIS MAY BE INCOMPATIBLE***. For most users the value of zero will
>   be correct.
>
> - GEN01 now uses format 0 to get the file type from the header; any
>   other value indicates a raw file. ***THIS MAY BE INCOMPATIBLE***. For
>   most users the value of zero will be correct.
>
> - GEN01 was incorrectly documented with respect to the format
>   argument.  There are 9 raw formats whereas the earlier manual stated 6.
>
> - Small change in slicearray should allow it to be used in functional
>   form in most cases.
>
> - The family of opcodes tb0 to tb15 and their initialisation opcodes
>   tb0_init to tb15_init are deprecated as multi-argument functions are
>   allowed.
>
> - The mode filter now does not allow a frequency in the unstable region.
>
> - In scanu and xscanu the value of kpos is supposed to be in the range
> [0,1].  This is now enforced by treating all negative values as 0 and all
> values bigger than 1 as 1.
>
> ### Utilities
>
> -
>
> ### Frontends
>
> - icsound:
>
> - csound~:
>
> - csdebugger:
>
> - Emscripten:
>
> - CsoundQt:
>
> ### General Usage
>
> ## Bugs Fixed
>
> - linen was reworked to allow for long durations and overlaps.
>
> - Resetting csound caused a crash if Lua opcodes were used; fixed.
>
> - The poscil family of opcodes could give incorrect results if used in
>   multi-core orchestras AND another instrument changed the f-table.
>   This is now corrected.
>
> - Use of out with an audio array did not check that the array
>   dimension was not greater than the number of channels, which caused
>   a crash.  It is now checked and truncated if too large with a
>   warning.
>
> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>
> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>
> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>   mangled the name; now fixed.
>

> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>
> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>
> ### System Changes
>
> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>   has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>   the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>   been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>   removed in a while.
>
> ### Translations
>
> - As ever the French translations are complete.

Tarmo Johannes-3
Greatest thanks and congratulations!

tarmo

On neljapäev, 10. mai 2018 15:54.35 EEST you wrote:

> [...]
>   warning.
>
> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>
> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>
> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>   mangled the name; now fixed.
>

> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>
> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>
> ### System Changes
>
> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>   has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>   the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>   been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>   removed in a while.
>
> ### Translations
>
> - As ever the French translations are complete.

Doctor B
It's awesome!  Tonight from 10p-midnight is my final Csound class for the semester.
- I am so happy to share this latest version with them.  THANKS.

-dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
President of Boulanger Labs - http://boulangerlabs.com
Author & Editor of The Csound Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/csound-book
Author & Editor of The Audio Programming Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/audio-programming-book
about:
http://www.boulangerlabs.com/#about
about: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/
music: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/dr-richard-boulanger-music/

email: [hidden email]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 3:52 PM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>   warning.
>
> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>
> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>
> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>   mangled the name; now fixed.
>

> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>
> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>
> ### System Changes
>
> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>   has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>   the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>   been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>   removed in a while.
>
> ### Translations
>
> - As ever the French translations are complete.

tgrey
I get an error attempting to install on OS:X that there is no mountable file system.

OS:X Version: 10.11.6

The downloaded file is ~147mb and has an md5 of: f77f7ebd45abdf02956ada38be3ec559

Did the upload get corrupted perhaps?

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:26 PM, Dr. Richard Boulanger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>   warning.
>
> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>
> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>
> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>   mangled the name; now fixed.
>

> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>
> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>
> ### System Changes
>
> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>   has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>   the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>   been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>   removed in a while.
>
> ### Translations
>
> - As ever the French translations are complete.

Victor Lazzarini-2
I can’t reproduce this here. Installs ok.

On 11 May 2018, at 02:00, Kevin Welsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>   warning.
>
> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>
> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>
> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>   mangled the name; now fixed.
>

> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>
> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>
> ### System Changes
>
> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>   has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>   the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>   been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>   removed in a while.
>
> ### Translations
>
> - As ever the French translations are complete.

rorywalsh
Hi Kevin. It's working fine here too. Perhaps the download got corrupted somehow?

On 11 May 2018 at 06:35, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>   warning.
>
> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>
> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>
> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>   mangled the name; now fixed.
>

> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>
> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>
> ### System Changes
>
> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>   has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>   the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>   been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>   removed in a while.
>
> ### Translations
>
> - As ever the French translations are complete.

Could be, does the md5 match what it should be?  Here are both checksums, with Csound6.11.0-OSX-universal (1).dmg being the recent rerelease by Victor.

MD5 (/Users/tgrey/Downloads/installs/Cabbage/Csound6.11.0-OSX-universal (1).dmg) = 025a65c8f8c94f87a6769b5a11949772
MD5 (/Users/tgrey/Downloads/installs/Cabbage/Csound6.11.0-OSX-universal.dmg) = f77f7ebd45abdf02956ada38be3ec559

I've already tried upgrading all software, but not the full system update to high sierra yet.  I need to clear some more disk space before I can try that (tho I do have plenty for day to day ops, >8G free)

One interesting thing I noticed is that older csound dmgs, along with all other random .dmgs I have laying around still mount okay, it's just this new one giving me trouble.

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 4:33 AM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>   warning.
>
> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>
> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>
> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>   mangled the name; now fixed.
>

> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>
> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>
> ### System Changes
>
> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>   has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>   the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>   been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>   removed in a while.
>
> ### Translations
>
> - As ever the French translations are complete.

Seems like the update to High Sierra (10.13.4) has resolved the issue, sorry for the noise.

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 5:37 AM, Kevin Welsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>   warning.
>
> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>
> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>
> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>   mangled the name; now fixed.
>

> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>
> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>
> ### System Changes
>
> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>   has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>   the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>   been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>   removed in a while.
>
> ### Translations
>
> - As ever the French translations are complete.

Good to hear

> [...]
>> >   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>> >   removed in a while.
>> >
>> > ### Translations
>> >
>> > - As ever the French translations are complete.
>> >
>> > -
>> >
>> > ### API
>> >
>> > -
>> >
>> > ### Platform Specific
>> >
>> > - iOS
>> >
>> >  -
>> >
>> > - Android
>> >
>> >  -
>> >
>> > - Windows
>> >
>> > - OSX
>> >
>> > - GNU/Linux
>> >

>> > ==END==
>> >
>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Francois PINOT
I just tried the new WebAudio Csound with the csdplayer.html example. The csd I've been reading uses an sr = 48000 setting, but it seems that csdplayer forces the sr to 44100. When I play the same csd with the destop Csound, it is correctly run with sr = 48000. Is this a limitation of WebAudio Csound?

The csd I used is:

<CsoundSynthesizer>

<CsOptions>
  -d -o dac
</CsOptions>

<CsInstruments>
;sr     = 48000
ksmps  = 100
nchnls = 2
0dbfs  = 1

          instr 1
idur       =          p3
iamp       =          p4
ifrq1      =          p5
ifrq2      =          p6
indx1      =          p7
indx2      =          p8
kenv       linen      iamp, 0.05, idur, 0.2
a1, a2     crossfm    ifrq1, ifrq2, indx1, indx2, 1, 1, 1
           outs       a1*kenv, a2*kenv

kx         init       0.0
kdx        init       0.1
kdur       init       p4
kamp       init       p5
kndx       init       0
kmax       init       p6
kfq1       init       440.0
kfq2       init       557.0
knx1       init       3.5
knx2       init       4.8
           event      "i", 1, kx, kdur, kamp, kfq1, kfq2, knx1, knx2
kx         =          kx + kdx
knx1       =          knx1 - 0.025
knx2       =          knx2 - 0.075
kndx       =          kndx + 1
if (kndx <= kmax) kgoto nextone
           turnoff
nextone:
          endin
</CsInstruments>

<CsScore>
f 1 0 16384 10 1 0

;f 0 3600

i 2 0 2 0.67 0.16 150
i 1 15.1 1.5 0.1 440 557 -0.25 -6.45 0.05 1.2
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

François

> [...]

>> >   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>> >   removed in a while.
>> >
>> > ### Translations
>> >
>> > - As ever the French translations are complete.
>> >
>> > -
>> >
>> > ### API
>> >
>> > -
>> >
>> > ### Platform Specific
>> >
>> > - iOS
>> >
>> >  -
>> >
>> > - Android
>> >
>> >  -
>> >
>> > - Windows
>> >
>> > - OSX
>> >
>> > - GNU/Linux
>> >

>> > ==END==
>> >
>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

yes, the SR is fixed to the AudioContext one, which can vary. It’s a limitation of the system, but we have not investigated whether there are workarounds.

On 11 May 2018, at 14:38, Francois PINOT <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> >   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>> >   removed in a while.
>> >
>> > ### Translations
>> >
>> > - As ever the French translations are complete.
>> >
>> > -
>> >
>> > ### API
>> >
>> > -
>> >
>> > ### Platform Specific
>> >
>> > - iOS
>> >
>> >  -
>> >
>> > - Android
>> >
>> >  -
>> >
>> > - Windows
>> >
>> > - OSX
>> >
>> > - GNU/Linux
>> >

>> > ==END==
>> >
>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

OK, I see. Thanks.

François

> [...]

>> >   writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>> >   removed in a while.
>> >
>> > ### Translations
>> >
>> > - As ever the French translations are complete.
>> >
>> > -
>> >
>> > ### API
>> >
>> > -
>> >
>> > ### Platform Specific
>> >
>> > - iOS
>> >
>> >  -
>> >
>> > - Android
>> >
>> >  -
>> >
>> > - Windows
>> >
>> > - OSX
>> >
>> > - GNU/Linux
>> >

>> > ==END==
>> >
>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

I followed this up and the reason for your problem is that from 10.12, Apple changed filesystems from HFS+ to APFS and
it appears hdiutil in 10.13 is creating dmgs with APFS by default (I think 10.12 still created HFS+ dmgs). So I have
rebuilt the dmg with HFS+ for compatibility and I am replacing the file in the release. I have also added a zip in case
all else fails.

> [...]
>>>  warning.
>>>
>>> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>>>
>>> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>>>
>>> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>>>  mangled the name; now fixed.
>>>

>>> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>>>
>>> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>>>
>>> ### System Changes
>>>
>>> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>>>  has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>>>  the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>>>  been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>>>  writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>>>  removed in a while.
>>>
>>> ### Translations
>>>
>>> - As ever the French translations are complete.

Awesome, thanks for tracking that down Victor.  That's great for compatibility for everyone else, and I probably needed the foot to the butt to finally update my full system anyway. ;)

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 11:49 AM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>>  warning.
>>>
>>> - Bug in stereo versions of loscil introduced distortion; now fixed.
>>>
>>> - Fencepost error in phs fixed.
>>>
>>> - gen49 read deleted memory if the file was not found; fixed

>>>  mangled the name; now fixed.
>>>

>>> ## SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>>>
>>> - OPCODE6DIR{64} now can contain a colon-separated list of directories.
>>>
>>> ### System Changes
>>>
>>> - The somewhat curious distinction between k-rate and a-rate perf-time
>>>  has been removed throughput, so only threads 1, 2 and 3 are used,
>>>  the s-type output is not used, and some x-type inputs have
>>>  been changed for direct polymorphism.  This only matters for opcode
>>>  writers as the s, and x codes and threads 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be
>>>  removed in a while.
>>>
>>> ### Translations
>>>
>>> - As ever the French translations are complete.

David Kirsh-2
Thank you!  I’m stuck for the moment on an older iMac that can’t be upgraded past 10.11.6, so this was great news.  The new dmg installed fine for me.

                                David Kirsh