Re: [Csnd] cmask alternatives

Doctor B
Is there a way that cs5 could be smart enough to deal with line break
characters from Mac or Windows internally/automatically?

on 5/15/05 7:49 AM, Dave Phillips at [hidden email] wrote:

> Matt J. Ingalls wrote:
>
>> you might also consider generating scores directly from csound - the
>> main benefit is that you can use any other csound opcode in your
>> algorhythm.
>>
>> i probably have posted this before, but if anyone is interested,
>> here is a csd example that i have that does this
>> [ a "port" of sorts of the old mills score generator ]
>>
>> http://www.csounds.com/matt/scogen.csd
>
> I just ran this csd with Cs5 under Linux. Had to remove the control
> characters (^M, a Mac line break ?) but after that the file worked
> perfectly. Command-line flags must include -n as per the Mac options. I
> also left out the soundfile flags.
>
> Rendered the sco along with schottstaedt.orc, again after removing
> control characters. No trouble with realtime rendering on a PII 366,
> RH9, PlanetCCRMA (with home-built Cs5).
>
> Thanks, Matt !
>
> Best,
>
> dp

 +  Dr. Richard Boulanger, Professor
 +  Music Synthesis Department, Berklee College of Music
 +  1140 Boylston Street  - Boston, MA  02215-3693
 +  Office Phone: (617) 747-2485   Office Fax: (617) 747-2564
 +  eMail: [hidden email]
 +  WebPage: http://csounds.com/boulanger/
 +  Almost Everything Csound @ http://csounds.com/
 +  The Csound Instrument Catalog @ http://csounds.com/catalog/
 +  The Csound Book @ http://csounds.com/book/
 +  The Csound Magazine @ http://csounds.com/ezine/

Re: Re: [Csnd] cmask alternatives

jpff
I thought we had done that in Csound3.  I assume something has changed.
==John ffitch

Re: Re: [Csnd] cmask alternatives

Dave Phillips
Richard Boulanger wrote:

>Is there a way that cs5 could be smart enough to deal with line break
>characters from Mac or Windows internally/automatically?

My bad, Csound doesn't mind them at all. I just now tried Matt's
original files without editing them, everything ran fine. But opening
them in my editor (vi) is no fun until I get rid of the line breaks.

Best,

dp