Quantcast

Re: [Csnd] New Guy with Q

Bob Bear
No, unfortunately that doesnt work either (but I'll remember that one for the future though, thanks!).

Here is some of the Winsound compiling readout (Im using Winsound 4.20 btw):

SECTION 1:
ftable 1:
Percussion.wav: WAVE, 154281 stereo samples
audio sr = 44100, stereo, reading both channels
new alloc for instr 1:
WARNING: no legal base frequency
WARNING: loscil: sustain defers to non-looping source
INIT ERROR in instr 1: stereo loscil cannot read from mono ftable
asig1 asig2 loscil iamp kcps ifn 0 -1 0 0 -1 0 0
    B 0.000 - note deteted.  i1 had 1 init errors
This seems to contain some relavant info, but im still confused by it. The two warning's are ok, I have those sorted in the full instruments. Its the 'init error' i dont get - how can it say 'stereo loscil cannot read from mono ftable', right after saying 'stereo, reading both channels'? Very odd!

Re: [Csnd] New Guy with Q

Roberto José Osorio Goenaga
My Csound is very rusty...but here goes...maybe one of the super csounders can corroborate.

The f1 gen table accepts "0" as a table size argument, which means it replaces the empty table with that from a soundfile.  Now, if I'm not mistaken, by overriding this you define a monaural fTable of a certain size...this may be an inherent error, as I do not know how to define sizes for a double, or stereo, ftable.  If you replace 262144 with 0 in your code, it works fine.

Sounds strange,  but it might just be the problem.

-Roberto

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/

Re: [Csnd] New Guy with Q

Roberto José Osorio Goenaga
What I mean to say, is that by letting csound replace the table size herself, she automatically creates a stereo ftable.  By overriding, you prevent this.

-R

Re: [Csnd] New Guy with Q

Roberto José Osorio Goenaga
exactly.

-R

istvan_v@mailbox.hu
Bob Bear wrote:

> INIT ERROR in instr 1: stereo loscil cannot read from mono ftable
> asig1 asig2 loscil iamp kcps ifn 0 -1 0 0 -1 0 0
>     B 0.000 - note deteted.  i1 had 1 init errors
> This seems to contain some relavant info, but im still confused by it.
> The two warning's are ok, I have those sorted in the full instruments.
> Its the 'init error' i dont get - how can it say 'stereo loscil cannot
> read from mono ftable', right after saying 'stereo, reading both
> channels'? Very odd!

Try reading the file to two separate tables, and read the tables with
two mono loscil opcodes.
--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )