Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Many thanks, was a great presentation!

El jueves, 29 de marzo de 2018, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> escribió:
I have a talk on "Algorithmic Composition (with Csound and HTML5)"
which you can view online at
https://gogins.github.io/live_talks/algorithmic_composition.html, and
even run some of the examples in your browser using the WebAssembly
build of Csound.

Dr. Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Profesor Titular
Director Programa de Investigación "Sistemas Temporales y Síntesis Espacial de Sonido en el Arte Sonoro"
Escuela Universitaria de Artes
Universidad Nacional de Quilmes
Argentina

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

zappfinger
Very interesting! Thanks!

Richard

On 29/03/18 18:33, Michael Gogins wrote:

> I have a talk on "Algorithmic Composition (with Csound and HTML5)"
> which you can view online at
> https://gogins.github.io/live_talks/algorithmic_composition.html, and
> even run some of the examples in your browser using the WebAssembly
> build of Csound.
>
> Best,
> Mike

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
Very nice and interesting, thank you for sharing.

fdsdb

Il giorno gio, 29/03/2018 alle 13.33 -0300, Michael Gogins ha scritto:

> I have a talk on "Algorithmic Composition (with Csound and HTML5)"
> which you can view online at
> https://gogins.github.io/live_talks/algorithmic_composition.html, and
> even run some of the examples in your browser using the WebAssembly
> build of Csound.
>
> Best,
> Mike

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

rorywalsh
Thanks for sharing Mike. It even runs ok on my Android phone ;)

On Fri 30 Mar 2018, 10:47 Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Very nice and interesting, thank you for sharing.

fdsdb

Il giorno gio, 29/03/2018 alle 13.33 -0300, Michael Gogins ha scritto:
> I have a talk on "Algorithmic Composition (with Csound and HTML5)"
> which you can view online at
> https://gogins.github.io/live_talks/algorithmic_composition.html, and
> even run some of the examples in your browser using the WebAssembly
> build of Csound.
>
> Best,
> Mike

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

zappfinger
I tried the Scrimps example but got no sound. This happens on OSX and
Windows 10, both in Chrome....

Richard

On 29/03/18 18:33, Michael Gogins wrote:

> I have a talk on "Algorithmic Composition (with Csound and HTML5)"
> which you can view online at
> https://gogins.github.io/live_talks/algorithmic_composition.html, and
> even run some of the examples in your browser using the WebAssembly
> build of Csound.
>
> Best,
> Mike

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

Michael Gogins-2
You have to monkey with the volume slider and maybe some of the
others, save the preset and restore it. It does say that at the top of
the page... I will spell this out in more detail, or fix it if I can
figure out how.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:34 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried the Scrimps example but got no sound. This happens on OSX and
> Windows 10, both in Chrome....
>
> Richard
>

> On 29/03/18 18:33, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>
>> I have a talk on "Algorithmic Composition (with Csound and HTML5)"
>> which you can view online at
>> https://gogins.github.io/live_talks/algorithmic_composition.html, and
>> even run some of the examples in your browser using the WebAssembly
>> build of Csound.
>>
>> Best,
>> Mike

>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

Michael Gogins-2
I've made the instructions a little more explicit. You only need to do
this once...

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Michael Gogins
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You have to monkey with the volume slider and maybe some of the
> others, save the preset and restore it. It does say that at the top of
> the page... I will spell this out in more detail, or fix it if I can
> figure out how.

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:34 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I tried the Scrimps example but got no sound. This happens on OSX and
>> Windows 10, both in Chrome....
>>
>> Richard
>>

>> On 29/03/18 18:33, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a talk on "Algorithmic Composition (with Csound and HTML5)"
>>> which you can view online at
>>> https://gogins.github.io/live_talks/algorithmic_composition.html, and
>>> even run some of the examples in your browser using the WebAssembly
>>> build of Csound.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Mike

>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

Got now time to read it more with attention.
Great work, thanks  a lot!
tarmo

P.S I uploaded CsoundQt beta release with HTML support to
https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.6-beta
I will do a small demo and write some lines about it soon.

On neljapäev, 29. märts 2018 19:33.23 EEST you wrote:

> I have a talk on "Algorithmic Composition (with Csound and HTML5)"
> which you can view online at
> https://gogins.github.io/live_talks/algorithmic_composition.html, and
> even run some of the examples in your browser using the WebAssembly
> build of Csound.
>
> Best,
> Mike

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

zappfinger
Ok, on Mac with Chrome, I only once got sound, but very shaky. With
Firefox on Mac it works almost flawless.

On Windows with Chrome still no sound..

On 30/03/18 21:49, Michael Gogins wrote:

> I've made the instructions a little more explicit. You only need to do
> this once...

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Michael Gogins
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You have to monkey with the volume slider and maybe some of the
>> others, save the preset and restore it. It does say that at the top of
>> the page... I will spell this out in more detail, or fix it if I can
>> figure out how.

>> Michael Gogins
>> Irreducible Productions
>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:34 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I tried the Scrimps example but got no sound. This happens on OSX and
>>> Windows 10, both in Chrome....
>>>
>>> Richard

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

Michael Gogins-2
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, it's borderline on Linux with Chrome,
but the same piece runs with csound.node with good audio. And I heard
that Firefox works best.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 5:35 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, on Mac with Chrome, I only once got sound, but very shaky. With Firefox
> on Mac it works almost flawless.
>
> On Windows with Chrome still no sound..
>

> On 30/03/18 21:49, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>
>> I've made the instructions a little more explicit. You only need to do
>> this once...

>> Michael Gogins
>> Irreducible Productions
>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Michael Gogins
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> You have to monkey with the volume slider and maybe some of the
>>> others, save the preset and restore it. It does say that at the top of
>>> the page... I will spell this out in more detail, or fix it if I can
>>> figure out how.

>>> Michael Gogins
>>> Irreducible Productions
>>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

gsenna
Beware of Firefox and WebAssembly! I posted some time ago about an
issue right after perfomance begins.

> Thanks for the feedback! Yes, it's borderline on Linux with Chrome,
> but the same piece runs with csound.node with good audio. And I heard
> that Firefox works best.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 5:35 PM, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ok, on Mac with Chrome, I only once got sound, but very shaky. With
>> Firefox
>> on Mac it works almost flawless.
>>
>> On Windows with Chrome still no sound..
>>

>> On 30/03/18 21:49, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>>
>>> I've made the instructions a little more explicit. You only need to do
>>> this once...

>>> Michael Gogins
>>> Irreducible Productions
>>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

Doctor B
Awesome Tarmo!  More HTML examples/models please.  It's really wonderful.

Do you think you will come out with a version of CsoundQt that will save .csd as a VST or AU or Stand-alone synth?

Hope so.

-dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
President of Boulanger Labs - http://boulangerlabs.com
Author & Editor of The Csound Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/csound-book
Author & Editor of The Audio Programming Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/audio-programming-book
about:
http://www.boulangerlabs.com/#about
about: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/
music: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/dr-richard-boulanger-music/

email: [hidden email]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Got now time to read it more with attention.
Great work, thanks  a lot!
tarmo

P.S I uploaded CsoundQt beta release with HTML support to
https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.6-beta
I will do a small demo and write some lines about it soon.

On neljapäev, 29. märts 2018 19:33.23 EEST you wrote:
> I have a talk on "Algorithmic Composition (with Csound and HTML5)"
> which you can view online at
> https://gogins.github.io/live_talks/algorithmic_composition.html, and
> even run some of the examples in your browser using the WebAssembly
> build of Csound.
>
> Best,
> Mike

Re: [Csnd] My talk at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Buenos Aires

Anton Kholomiov
Thanks! Michael, very impressive presentation!