Re: [Csnd] Fwd: [Acma-l] A possible programming project to consider

Re: [Csnd] Fwd: [Acma-l] A possible programming project to consider

Dave Phillips

Greetings,

On 04/03/2018 06:11 AM, Michael Gogins wrote:
I'm forwarding this with the additional suggestion that the work be done in the general context of some widely used system such as Csound, Pure Data, Supercollider, HTML5, etc.

I have no experience with Dunn's programs, so can't offer any judgment of their quality.

A very long time ago I used John's MBox, a rather strange MIDI program for MS-DOS that did some rather marvelous things. John was very helpful, and I was able to do some interesting things with the program (e.g. a randomizing sys-ex editor for my Kawai K4). I've followed his work through the years, occasionally trying some of the programs available from AlgoArt. All pretty neat stuff.

I hope someone rises to the call. John's work is unique, and it would certainly be a boon to see it running on Linux and Mac systems. Alas, I have neither the time nor the abilities to put into such a venture.

Best,

dp

Re: [Csnd] Fwd: [Acma-l] A possible programming project to consider

forrest
Wasn't there an earlier version that used the ancient trs-80? [I've got too many loose wires to be your programmer; but I remember a certain program called MusicBox (?) with much affection!]

Forrest Curo
San Diego

--
Warren Burt