Re: [Csnd] CSOUND Digest - 6 Mar 2018 to 7 Mar 2018 (#2018-64)

Re: [Csnd] CSOUND Digest - 6 Mar 2018 to 7 Mar 2018 (#2018-64)

Jim Aikin
> Date:    Wed, 7 Mar 2018 06:37:12 +0000
> From:    Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: This Is an Ex-Parrot
>
> Python for Windows 64bit seems to be available here:
>
> https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.8/
>
> It can’t be the case that the Python opcodes cannot be run on Windows as Rory reported running them ok.

Thanks -- that install appears to solve the problem.

Just as a suggestion, it might be nice to provide suitable details on
this page
(http://write.flossmanuals.net/csound/b-python-inside-csound/). At the
moment, there's no mention in the lead paragraph of 32-vs.-64-bit
issues, and no indication of where 64-bit Windows users might be able to
download 2.7.8 64-bit. In fact, it looks to me as if the intro paragraph
is misleading on one point. The Windows installer doesn't actually let
you install Python, as far as I can see; it only lets you install the
Csound Python opcodes. (Unless I'm misunderstanding something basic, as
usual.)

--jim aikin

Re: [Csnd] CSOUND Digest - 6 Mar 2018 to 7 Mar 2018 (#2018-64)

Anton Kholomiov
Please can you stop posting the title CSOUND Digest in your messages - the topic is interesting but MISLEADING
the message inside contains not what's in the title.

Csound DIGEST - I think it's something about interesting events in the live of Csound community and
not details on how to install CMD on ICMF when your system is TFG

Re: [Csnd] CSOUND Digest - 6 Mar 2018 to 7 Mar 2018 (#2018-64)

joachim-3
hi jim -

that's a very good point.  would you be able to write me (off-liste)
some sentences which i can insert in the mentioned paragraph?

i would also appreciate if you point me to what should be removed.

thanks in advance -

        joachim