Re: [Csnd] CSOUND Digest - 3 Mar 2018 (#2018-60)

Re: [Csnd] CSOUND Digest - 3 Mar 2018 (#2018-60)

Jim Aikin

Date:    Sat, 3 Mar 2018 08:33:00 -0500
From:    Justin Rosander [hidden email]
Subject: Re: No Audio Output Device

Hi Jim,
6.10 is unusable for me, as well.  I think there’s something wrong with Portaudio.  I have to use an older version for things to work.  The version I am using is
6.07.
Regards,
Justin
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Date:    Sat, 3 Mar 2018 14:31:04 +0000
From:    Rory Walsh [hidden email]

This is just CsoundQT right? Everything works fine from the command line?

Difficult to say, since I'm very unsure how to run from the command line. However, once I set OPCODE6DIR64 to plugins64 in the Configuration box, CsoundQt was able to find the portaudio device(s). It's producing real-time audio output now.

Curiously, I didn't need to do this in my Windows 7 machine. Even without that environment setting, the audio output works. The install was similar in both cases -- to a folder called Csound6 in the root C: directory.

***New problem:*** Neither install (of 6.10 on Win7 and Win10) recognizes pyinit. I did in fact choose to install the python opcodes during both installs, and also installed Python 2.7.14. Neither the reference manual nor the Floss manual explains how to set this up; both of those docs seem simply to assume that it will work. I get this message:

error: syntax error, unexpected NEWLINE (token "") from file C:/Users/Jim/Documents/csound/Hello World.csd (1)

line 17:

>>>pyinit <<<

Unexpected untyped word pyinit when expecting a variable

I've pointed CsoundQt at the Python Executable in the Environment tab. That didn't help. What do I need to do to get python working?

--Jim Aikin

Re: [Csnd] CSOUND Digest - 3 Mar 2018 (#2018-60)

Tarmo Johannes-3
Can it be that you installed 32 bit python? Csound is  now 64bit and requires also 64bit python.
Tarmo

Date:    Sat, 3 Mar 2018 14:31:04 +0000
From:    Rory Walsh [hidden email]