Re: [Csnd] ANNOUNCEMENT: CsoundVST and the vst4cs Opcodes available again (on Linux)

Re: [Csnd] ANNOUNCEMENT: CsoundVST and the vst4cs Opcodes available again (on Linux)

Jeanette C.
Jul 30 2018, Michael Gogins has written:
> However, having obtained new licenses from Steinberg for the VST SDKs,
> I am now hosting a "freeware" version of CsoundVST and the vst4cs
> opcodes as Linux binaries. You can download them from here:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl3pamim4942jq9/csound-vst-0.2.0-Linux.tar.gz?dl=0
Thanks Michael, this is a great relief. It can, of course, be hoped that
in future a way can be found to maintain VST support in the source form.
But for now this is wonderful. I've downloaded the distribution.

I can run the csoundvstmain binary,although it, naturally, prints an
error about having no GUI, I run a console only system, mostly.

My system is Arch Linux 64bit. I suppose the vst4cs opcodes will equally
work with my normal Csound version though.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Jeanette

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm so curious, what do you think of me <3
(Britney Spears)