Re: [Cs-dev] Re: [Csnd] Seeking advice on OSC

Re: [Cs-dev] Re: [Csnd] Seeking advice on OSC

Andres Cabrera-3
I like Istvan's idea, even though the use I'm giving osc currently is
fairly simple, just transmitting simple floats, no bundles.
As for OSC receive, I would think it is OK to treat it like MIDI, and
have the timing precision depend on ksmps.

Andres

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 15:22, Istvan Varga wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > 1:  At present the sender can send 1 or 2 values in any combination of
> > int, float and string.  It would be moderately easy to extend this to
> > many more arguments, but allowing floats and strings only (actually
> > even that is difficult).  That would lose the ability to transmit
> > integers.
>
> It may be possible to use a string type argument instead of an integer,
> in a format like "isf" (for integer, string, and float), in combination
> with the 'N' type. The type string would be parsed at i-rate (and checked
> for consistency with the actual argument list), and if it is too short,
> any remaining number arguments would be assumed float.

re: [Cs-dev] Seeking advice on OSC

Oeyvind Brandtsegg
Sorry if I misunderstand this,
but do you mean *not* using OSC's ability to time-tag events ?
I understand that OSC does this kind of time tag to eliminate timing jitter caused by tcp/ip, and by the use of time tags can achieve sample accurate sync.

Oeyvind