Quantcast

Re: [Cs-dev] Java API Bug Workaround

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Cs-dev] Java API Bug Workaround

Steven Yi
(I'm CC'ing this to the blue user's mailing list, please direct
replies only to that list)

>From the crash log I see you are using OpenJDK.  blue only supports
use of Sun/Oracle JVM on Linux at this time.  I have had problems with
OpenJDK in the past that did not happen with Sun/Oracle JVM.  OpenJDK
is becoming more and more in-line with everything that was in the
Sun/Oracle JVM, so I imagine I can start testing more on that in the
future.

I'd say, please try using the Sun/Oracle JVM first.  If problems
persist, please email me a copy of your .asoundrc file off list and I
can try to do a test locally to reproduce.  Also, if you are modifying
.asoundrc while blue is already open, that might be a possible problem
(not sure).

Let me know how using the other JVM goes and we can continue
testing/debugging from there.

Thanks!
steven

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 2:01 PM, ebmtranceboy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
> FYI, I experienced crashes on Ubuntu with the following process:
>
> * selecting Csound ApI
> * switching PortAudio to record mode (actually rewriting .asoundrc to fork
> audio stream to a file)
> * selecting Blue Live and Midi In
> * tweaking some sound parameter through the interface of a Blue Synth
> instrument while playing a MIDI note
>
> then, if this is not producing a crash (which is rare),
>
> * unchecking Blue Live
> * switching PortAudio to only-play mode (rewriting .asoundrc)
> * selecting Blue Live
>
> and, finally, no matter what happens (hitting a keyboard key...), no sound
> is produced (PortAudio is down), blue crashes (because of JVM) after a
> while, a JVM error log is generated and PortAudio stays down (I have to
> reboot to reinit because I don't how to do otherwise).
>
> I should add that all of these troubles don't happen when Csound API is not
> selected (of course I can't tweak instruments in real-time anymore during a
> recording in this case).
>
>
>
> Here is the beginning of a typical JVM error log if it can help
>
> #
> # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x06059450, pid=4402, tid=3020409712
> #
> # JRE version: 6.0_20-b20
> # Java VM: OpenJDK Client VM (19.0-b09 mixed mode, sharing linux-x86 )
> # Derivative: IcedTea6 1.9.9
> # Distribution: Ubuntu 10.10, package 6b20-1.9.9-0ubuntu1~10.10.2
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  0x06059450
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please include
> # instructions how to reproduce the bug and visit:
> #   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-6/
> # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
> # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
> #
>
> ---------------  T H R E A D  ---------------
>
> Current thread (0x09c0f800):  JavaThread "AWT-EventQueue-1"
> [_thread_in_native, id=4432, stack(0xb402c000,0xb407d000)]
>
> siginfo:si_signo=SIGSEGV: si_errno=0, si_code=1 (SEGV_MAPERR),
> si_addr=0x06059450
>
> Registers:
> EAX=0x0084e24c, EBX=0x0084dff4, ECX=0x00cfcff4, EDX=0x00000003
> ESP=0xb407a77c, EBP=0xb407a928, ESI=0xb407cb38, EDI=0x00080800
> EIP=0x06059450, CR2=0x06059450, EFLAGS=0x00010283
>
> Register to memory mapping:
>
> EAX=0x0084e24c
> 0x0084e24c: snd_lib_error+0 in /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 at 0x00789000
>
> EBX=0x0084dff4
> 0x0084dff4: <offset 0xc4ff4> in /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 at 0x00789000
>
> ECX=0x00cfcff4
> 0x00cfcff4: <offset 0x16ff4> in /lib/libpthread.so.0 at 0x00ce6000
>
> EDX=0x00000003
> 0x00000003 is pointing to unknown location
>
> ESP=0xb407a77c
> 0xb407a77c is pointing into the stack for thread: 0x09c0f800
> "AWT-EventQueue-1" prio=10 tid=0x09c0f800 nid=0x1150 runnable [0xb407a000]
>   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>
> EBP=0xb407a928
> 0xb407a928 is pointing into the stack for thread: 0x09c0f800
> "AWT-EventQueue-1" prio=10 tid=0x09c0f800 nid=0x1150 runnable [0xb407a000]
>   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>
> ESI=0xb407cb38
> 0xb407cb38 is pointing into the stack for thread: 0x09c0f800
> "AWT-EventQueue-1" prio=10 tid=0x09c0f800 nid=0x1150 runnable [0xb407a000]
>   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>
> EDI=0x00080800
> 0x00080800 is pointing to unknown location
>
>
> Top of Stack: (sp=0xb407a77c)
> 0xb407a77c:   0081dd71 00844d08 000000e9 00844d46
> 0xb407a78c:   00000002 00844d37 b407a8e4 00000010
> 0xb407a79c:   b407aa2c 00000000 09d50020 00a02918
> 0xb407a7ac:   003c276f 00000000 00000000 00000002
> 0xb407a7bc:   00000000 b407a8e4 00000001 b407ac2c
> 0xb407a7cc:   00000000 b2844440 80000002 007af298
> 0xb407a7dc:   fffffffe 00000010 bfcba094 bfcba0d8
> 0xb407a7ec:   0077dff4 0078d250 0072d8bd 00862ff4
>
> Instructions: (pc=0x06059450)
> 0x06059440:
> [error occurred during error reporting (printing registers, top of stack,
> instructions near pc), id 0xb]
>
> Stack: [0xb402c000,0xb407d000],  sp=0xb407a77c,  free space=313k
> Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native
> code)
> C  0x06059450
> C  [libasound.so.2+0x950d1]  _snd_rawmidi_hw_open+0x191
> C  [libasound.so.2+0x93c8a]
> C  [libasound.so.2+0x9421c]
> C  [libjsoundalsa.so+0xa9c1]
> C  [libjsoundalsa.so+0xa0fe]
> C  [libjsoundalsa.so+0x6ac7]
> Java_com_sun_media_sound_MidiInDeviceProvider_nGetNumDevices+0x17
> j  com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDeviceProvider.nGetNumDevices()I+0
> j  com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDeviceProvider.getNumDevices()I+8
> j  com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDeviceProvider.readDeviceInfos()V+63
> j
> com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDeviceProvider.getDeviceInfo()[Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice$Info;+1
> j
> javax.sound.midi.spi.MidiDeviceProvider.isDeviceSupported(Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice$Info;)Z+1
> j
> javax.sound.midi.MidiSystem.getMidiDevice(Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice$Info;)Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice;+29
> j  blue.midi.BlueMidiDevice.open()V+25
> j  blue.midi.MidiInputManager.start()V+43
> j  blue.ui.core.blueLive.BlueLiveToolBar.midiButtonActionPerformed()V+15
> j
> blue.ui.core.blueLive.BlueLiveToolBar$4.actionPerformed(Ljava/awt/event/ActionEvent;)V+4
> j
> javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Ljava/awt/event/ActionEvent;)V+84
> j
> javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Ljava/awt/event/ActionEvent;)V+5
> j
> javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Ljava/awt/event/ActionEvent;)V+35
> j  javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(Z)V+148
> j
> javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Ljava/awt/event/MouseEvent;)V+35
> j  java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Ljava/awt/event/MouseEvent;)V+64
> j  javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Ljava/awt/event/MouseEvent;)V+23
> j  java.awt.Component.processEvent(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V+81
> J  java.awt.Container.processEvent(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V
> V  [libjvm.so+0x209952]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x30a529]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x20888f]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x2579cd]
> C  [libjava.so+0x9d6a]
> Java_java_security_AccessController_doPrivileged__Ljava_security_PrivilegedAction_2Ljava_security_AccessControlContext_2+0x3a
> J
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Ljava/security/PrivilegedAction;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;)Ljava/lang/Object;
> J
> java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Ljava/security/PrivilegedAction;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;)Ljava/lang/Object;
> V  [libjvm.so+0x209952]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x30a529]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x20888f]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x2579cd]
> C  [libjava.so+0x9d6a]
> Java_java_security_AccessController_doPrivileged__Ljava_security_PrivilegedAction_2Ljava_security_AccessControlContext_2+0x3a
> J
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Ljava/security/PrivilegedAction;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;)Ljava/lang/Object;
> J  java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V
> j  java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(ILjava/awt/Conditional;)V+4
> j  java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Ljava/awt/Conditional;)V+3
> j  java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run()V+9
> v  ~StubRoutines::call_stub
> V  [libjvm.so+0x209952]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x30a529]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x20888f]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x2093da]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x209538]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x253cfb]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x3bb2ac]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x3bb372]
> V  [libjvm.so+0x310f51]
> C  [libpthread.so.0+0x5cc9]
>
> Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
> j  com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDeviceProvider.nGetNumDevices()I+0
> j  com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDeviceProvider.getNumDevices()I+8
> j  com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDeviceProvider.readDeviceInfos()V+63
> j
> com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDeviceProvider.getDeviceInfo()[Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice$Info;+1
> j
> javax.sound.midi.spi.MidiDeviceProvider.isDeviceSupported(Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice$Info;)Z+1
> j
> javax.sound.midi.MidiSystem.getMidiDevice(Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice$Info;)Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice;+29
> j  blue.midi.BlueMidiDevice.open()V+25
> j  blue.midi.MidiInputManager.start()V+43
> j  blue.ui.core.blueLive.BlueLiveToolBar.midiButtonActionPerformed()V+15
> j
> blue.ui.core.blueLive.BlueLiveToolBar$4.actionPerformed(Ljava/awt/event/ActionEvent;)V+4
> j
> javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Ljava/awt/event/ActionEvent;)V+84
> j
> javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Ljava/awt/event/ActionEvent;)V+5
> j
> javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Ljava/awt/event/ActionEvent;)V+35
> j  javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(Z)V+148
> j
> javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Ljava/awt/event/MouseEvent;)V+35
> j  java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Ljava/awt/event/MouseEvent;)V+64
> j  javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Ljava/awt/event/MouseEvent;)V+23
> j  java.awt.Component.processEvent(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V+81
> J  java.awt.Container.processEvent(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V
> J  java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V
> J  java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V
> J
> java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Ljava/awt/Component;ILjava/awt/event/MouseEvent;)V
> J
> java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Ljava/awt/event/MouseEvent;)Z
> J  java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)Z
> J  java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V
> J  java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V
> J
> java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
> J  java.awt.EventQueue$1.run()Ljava/lang/Object;
> v  ~StubRoutines::call_stub
> J
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Ljava/security/PrivilegedAction;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;)Ljava/lang/Object;
> J
> java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Ljava/security/PrivilegedAction;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;)Ljava/lang/Object;
> J  java.awt.EventQueue$2.run()Ljava/lang/Object;
> v  ~StubRoutines::call_stub
> J
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Ljava/security/PrivilegedAction;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;)Ljava/lang/Object;
> J  java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V
> J  org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(Ljava/awt/AWTEvent;)V
> J  java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(I)Z
> J
> java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(ILjava/awt/Conditional;Ljava/awt/EventFilter;)V
> j
> java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(ILjava/awt/Conditional;Ljava/awt/Component;)V+11
> j  java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(ILjava/awt/Conditional;)V+4
> j  java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Ljava/awt/Conditional;)V+3
> j  java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run()V+9
> v  ~StubRoutines::call_stub
>
> ---------------  P R O C E S S  ---------------
>
> Java Threads: ( => current thread )
>  0x09f46000 JavaThread "Thread-130" [_thread_in_native, id=5117,
> stack(0xb3bd9000,0xb3c2a000)]
>  0x09f71000 JavaThread "Thread-129" [_thread_in_native, id=5116,
> stack(0xb41fd000,0xb424e000)]
>  0x09ca2000 JavaThread "process reaper" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=5114,
> stack(0xb3b88000,0xb3bd9000)]
>  0xb28ac800 JavaThread "Thread-128" [_thread_blocked, id=5113,
> stack(0xb2ad9000,0xb2b2a000)]
>  0x09b24000 JavaThread "Inactive RequestProcessor thread [Was:Logging
> Flush/org.netbeans.core.startup.TopLogging$NonClose]" daemon
> [_thread_blocked, id=5106, stack(0xb424e000,0xb429f000)]
>  0x09bb5800 JavaThread "File Watcher" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=4468,
> stack(0xb3c2a000,0xb3c7b000)]
>  0x09a32800 JavaThread "DestroyJavaVM" [_thread_blocked, id=4403,
> stack(0xb777a000,0xb77cb000)]
> =>0x09c0f800 JavaThread "AWT-EventQueue-1" [_thread_in_native, id=4432,
> stack(0xb402c000,0xb407d000)]
>  0x09cccc00 JavaThread "TimerQueue" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4431,
> stack(0xb3c7b000,0xb3ccc000)]
>  0x09ccbc00 JavaThread "Thread-5" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4430,
> stack(0xb3ccc000,0xb3d1d000)]
>  0x09cc5400 JavaThread "Java Sound Event Dispatcher" daemon
> [_thread_blocked, id=4429, stack(0xb3d1d000,0xb3d6e000)]
>  0x09d52c00 JavaThread "Thread-3" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4428,
> stack(0xb3d6f000,0xb3dc0000)]
>  0x09c0f000 JavaThread "AWT-Shutdown" [_thread_blocked, id=4425,
> stack(0xb3fda000,0xb402b000)]
>  0x09b95400 JavaThread "AWT-XAWT" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=4417,
> stack(0xb407d000,0xb40ce000)]
>  0x09b42c00 JavaThread "Java2D Disposer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4416,
> stack(0xb41ac000,0xb41fd000)]
>  0x09b22400 JavaThread "CLI Requests Server" daemon [_thread_in_native,
> id=4413, stack(0xb429f000,0xb42f0000)]
>  0x09b0f000 JavaThread "Active Reference Queue Daemon" daemon
> [_thread_blocked, id=4412, stack(0xb4cd6000,0xb4d27000)]
>  0x09b08c00 JavaThread "Timer-0" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4411,
> stack(0xb4d27000,0xb4d78000)]
>  0x09a6dc00 JavaThread "Low Memory Detector" daemon [_thread_blocked,
> id=4409, stack(0xb4e1d000,0xb4e6e000)]
>  0x09a6c000 JavaThread "CompilerThread0" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4408,
> stack(0xb4e6e000,0xb4eef000)]
>  0x09a6a400 JavaThread "Signal Dispatcher" daemon [_thread_blocked,
> id=4407, stack(0xb4eef000,0xb4f40000)]
>  0x09a62c00 JavaThread "Finalizer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4406,
> stack(0xb5140000,0xb5191000)]
>  0x09a61400 JavaThread "Reference Handler" daemon [_thread_blocked,
> id=4405, stack(0xb5191000,0xb51e2000)]
>
> Other Threads:
>  0x09a5f800 VMThread [stack: 0xb51e2000,0xb5263000] [id=4404]
>  0x09a79c00 WatcherThread [stack: 0xb4d9c000,0xb4e1d000] [id=4410]
>
> VM state:not at safepoint (normal execution)
>
> VM Mutex/Monitor currently owned by a thread: None
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Java-API-Bug-Workaround-tp4818532p4818891.html
> Sent from the Csound - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> BlackBerry&reg; DevCon Americas, Oct. 18-20, San Francisco, CA
> Learn about the latest advances in developing for the
> BlackBerry&reg; mobile platform with sessions, labs & more.
> See new tools and technologies. Register for BlackBerry&reg; DevCon today!
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rim-devcon-copy1
> _______________________________________________
> Csound-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/csound-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry&reg; DevCon Americas, Oct. 18-20, San Francisco, CA
Learn about the latest advances in developing for the
BlackBerry&reg; mobile platform with sessions, labs & more.
See new tools and technologies. Register for BlackBerry&reg; DevCon today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rim-devcon-copy1 
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Cs-dev] Java API Bug Workaround

ebmtranceboy
Hi Steven,
thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately, I'm rather reluctant to install Sun/Oracle JVM on my machine for some reasons but sending the error logs to OpenJDK bug tracker may be on option to me.

About my .asoundrc's, when you say off list, you mean by mail ?
If so, what is it ?
Anyway, here is my casual .asoundrc

pcm.copy {
                type plug
                slave {
                  pcm hw
                }
                route_policy copy
              }

and here is my "record-style" one


 pcm.!default {
     type plug
     slave {
         pcm rate44100Hz # Direct default output to the below converter
     }
 }
 pcm.rate44100Hz {
     type rate
     slave {
         pcm writeFile # Direct to the plugin which will write to a file
         format S16_LE
         #channels 2
         rate 44100
     }
     #route_policy copy
 }
 pcm.writeFile {
     type file
     slave {
         pcm card0 # Now write to the actual sound card
     }
     file "~/capture.raw"
     format "raw"
 }
 pcm.card0 {
     type hw
     card 0
 }
 ctl.card0 {
     type hw
     card 0
 }

I don't know why I have to comment the "channels 2" and "route_policy copy" lines but it doesn't work if I don't.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Cs-dev] Java API Bug Workaround

Steven Yi
You can always email me at:

[hidden email]

Regarding your issue, I don't know if it'd also happen with sun/oracle
jvm or not.  I seem to have openjdk selected as my current java when I
did my quick blue testing for 2.1.5 just now and things seemed work
for that, which is great.

Regarding your crash, I looked again at your log and saw this:

Instructions: (pc=0x06059450)
0x06059440:
[error occurred during error reporting (printing registers, top of stack,
instructions near pc), id 0xb]

Stack: [0xb402c000,0xb407d000],  sp=0xb407a77c,  free space=313k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native
code)
C  0x06059450
C  [libasound.so.2+0x950d1]  _snd_rawmidi_hw_open+0x191
C  [libasound.so.2+0x93c8a]
C  [libasound.so.2+0x9421c]
C  [libjsoundalsa.so+0xa9c1]
C  [libjsoundalsa.so+0xa0fe]
C  [libjsoundalsa.so+0x6ac7]
Java_com_sun_media_sound_MidiInDeviceProvider_nGetNumDevices+0x17
j  com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDeviceProvider.nGetNumDevices()I+0
j  com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDeviceProvider.getNumDevices()I+8
j  com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDeviceProvider.readDeviceInfos()V+63
j
com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDeviceProvider.getDeviceInfo()[Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice$Info;+1
j
javax.sound.midi.spi.MidiDeviceProvider.isDeviceSupported(Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice$Info;)Z+1
j
javax.sound.midi.MidiSystem.getMidiDevice(Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice$Info;)Ljavax/sound/midi/MidiDevice;+29


This seems to point that you tried to start the MIDI inputs and when
the JVM called into libasound, alsa itself crashed.  It seems to point
to something that may be outside of my control from blue at least. I
imagine this kind of thing of switching .asoundrc settings might crash
for other alsa programs, though I don't know if it'd be a JVM think or
what.

Regarding switching out .asoundrc while a program is running, have you
tried instead to use JACK with csound if you want to add an addition
file recording while playing?

Thanks,
steven



On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:49 PM, ebmtranceboy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
> thank you for your answer.
> Unfortunately, I'm rather reluctant to install Sun/Oracle JVM on my machine
> for some reasons but sending the error logs to OpenJDK bug tracker may be on
> option to me.
>
> About my .asoundrc's, when you say off list, you mean by mail ?
> If so, what is it ?
> Anyway, here is my casual .asoundrc
>
> pcm.copy {
>                type plug
>                slave {
>                  pcm hw
>                }
>                route_policy copy
>              }
>
> and here is my "record-style" one
>
>
>  pcm.!default {
>     type plug
>     slave {
>         pcm rate44100Hz # Direct default output to the below converter
>     }
>  }
>  pcm.rate44100Hz {
>     type rate
>     slave {
>         pcm writeFile # Direct to the plugin which will write to a file
>         format S16_LE
>         #channels 2
>         rate 44100
>     }
>     #route_policy copy
>  }
>  pcm.writeFile {
>     type file
>     slave {
>         pcm card0 # Now write to the actual sound card
>     }
>     file "~/capture.raw"
>     format "raw"
>  }
>  pcm.card0 {
>     type hw
>     card 0
>  }
>  ctl.card0 {
>     type hw
>     card 0
>  }
>
> I don't know why I have to comment the "channels 2" and "route_policy copy"
> lines but it doesn't work if I don't.
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Re-Cs-dev-Java-API-Bug-Workaround-tp4819367p4827231.html
> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a
> definitive record of customers, application performance, security
> threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
> sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common sense.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy1
> _______________________________________________
> Bluemusic-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a
definitive record of customers, application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy1
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Loading...