Re: Command line macros

Anthony Kozar
This is something that I have been interested in having for a while now.  An
API function certainly would be very useful to hosts.  What about the
command-line syntax below do you not like?

Anthony

On 5/9/05 3:56 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> etched in
stone:

> In csound4 I have
> hacked in a --macro:FOO=bar option, but that is not clean.  If we do
> this in csound5 it either needs an API entry or it could be fakes as
> in cs4, or made a little cleaner.

Re: Command line macros

jpff

 Anthony> This is something that I have been interested in having for
 Anthony> a while now.  An API function certainly would be very useful
 Anthony> to hosts.  What about the command-line syntax below do you
 Anthony> not like?

It is not so much the syntax but the implementation.  The CS4 version
only allows one such macro, and only an orchestra macro.  I suspect I
need --omacro:FOO=bar and --smacro:HUM=bug

In the same vein I have also written code for #ifdef...#end for
conditional compilation.  The code is low quality; does not allow
nesting of #ifdef at all as skipping is to next #end

Currently in csound4 only.  In cs5 I would still rather do this
properly.  I want the functionality for sure.

 >> In csound4 I have
 >> hacked in a --macro:FOO=bar option, but that is not clean.  If we do
 >> this in csound5 it either needs an API entry or it could be fakes as
 >> in cs4, or made a little cleaner.

==John ffitch