Re: Aural Exciter

apalomba
This topic came up a while back and I wanted
to see if anyone found anything. I am looking for
an algorithm that excites/enhances the spectral
quality of a sound. Not really EQing, but actual
intelligent processes that determine what partials
need to be strengthened or introduced into a sound
in order to enhance it.

Anthony

Re: Aural Exciter

R. D. Davis
Quothe [hidden email], from writings of Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:39:26AM -0500:
> to see if anyone found anything. I am looking for
> an algorithm that excites/enhances the spectral
> quality of a sound. Not really EQing, but actual
> intelligent processes that determine what partials
[...]

In other words, to create a software clone of something like the Aphex
104 Aural Exciter with Big Bottom?

There's some info., a paper entitled "Aural Exciter and Loudness
Maximizer: What's Psychoacoustic about Psychoacoustic Processors" by
Josef Chalupper, that you may possibly find helpful, at:

www.aphex.com/pdf/papers/APHEX_AES_reprint_Chalupper.pdf

Not an Csound algorithm, but lots of info that could be of some help
with creating an algorithm for Csound.

--
Copyright (C) 2005 R.D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals: an
All Rights Reserved            unnatural belief that we're above Nature & her