Problem compiling

Michael Bechard
I recently did a clean checkout of the entire blue source code from CVS and it wouldn't compile, complaining:

build.xml:94: Could not create task or type of type: junit

I realize all I probably have to do is install junit, but then again I thought blue always had a dependency for junit, so why is this cropping up now? Also, you've always done a good job of including any dependencies in the lib directory and fixing the build.xml file appropriately, so... Or maybe you've switched to Maven? Help me out.

Michael Bechard

Re: Problem compiling

Steven Yi
HI Michael,

That error happens with Ant.  Normally, ant includes an ant-junit.jar
in the $ANT_HOME/lib directory, but this is a wrapper for the
junit.jar.   blue includes a junit.jar in its lib folder, and you can
just copy that to $ANT_HOME/lib and things should work.  I think it
used to work with older Ant that having junit.jar with blue on
classpath would do it but maybe it doesn't work anymore, I'm not sure.

Please give that a try and let me know how that goes.

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Michael Bechard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I recently did a clean checkout of the entire blue source code from CVS and it wouldn't compile, complaining:
>
> build.xml:94: Could not create task or type of type: junit
>
> I realize all I probably have to do is install junit, but then again I thought blue always had a dependency for junit, so why is this cropping up now? Also, you've always done a good job of including any dependencies in the lib directory and fixing the build.xml file appropriately, so... Or maybe you've switched to Maven? Help me out.
>
> Michael Bechard

Re: Problem compiling

Michael Bechard
Thanks, that did it.