Quantcast

PatternsLayerGroupExample

COCHEDELAFERTE
Hi Steven,

Since a couple of days i'm learning this example, and especially the instrument called "alpha v2", in configuration as instrument number two. Sounds greatly, and for this reason i intend to use it : i will probably to increase a bit the general volume of this instrument, but i did'nt knew how. I found the three buittons in graphical mode, the correspondant gtk (31, 32, 33) kamp description, but that is only for the relative setting of the three oscillators, not really for the general sound volume of the instrument. I tried several things like e.g.  "kamp1 * 2" etc., but that change nothing for my goal.

Can you please provide me a bit help at any moment you have really free time ?

Greatings,

Sergio

Re: PatternsLayerGroupExample

Steven Yi
Hi Sergio,

Glad you like the instrument!

I think you could try modifying the signal amplitude in two places:

1. In the instrument code, try applying it in line 80:

aout = aout * kamp * kenv * [your value]

2. If that doesn't work, it might be due to the dcblock in the
always-on instrument text. You could try modifying the values in line
18 and 19 there:

aLeft dcblock aLeft * [your value]
aRight dcblock aRight * [your value]

For myself, I tend to use the Mixer to adjust values.

Let me know if you need further assistance!
steven

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM, COCHEDELAFERTE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> Since a couple of days i'm learning this example, and especially the
> instrument called "alpha v2", in configuration as instrument number two.
> Sounds greatly, and for this reason i intend to use it : i will probably to
> increase a bit the general volume of this instrument, but i did'nt knew how.
> I found the three buittons in graphical mode, the correspondant gtk (31, 32,
> 33) kamp description, but that is only for the relative setting of the three
> oscillators, not really for the general sound volume of the instrument. I
> tried several things like e.g.  "kamp1 * 2" etc., but that change nothing
> for my goal.
>
> Can you please provide me a bit help at any moment you have really free time
> ?
>

> Greatings,
>
> Sergio

Re: PatternsLayerGroupExample

COCHEDELAFERTE
Hi Steven,

The first method worked immediately for me. I can multiply by 3 without to get any "out of range". Great. I don't understand why i didn't tried this myself...

Great thank's, Steven.
Cheers,

Sergio

Re: PatternsLayerGroupExample

COCHEDELAFERTE
This post was updated on .
Hi Steven,

Again... As said, i made this :
aout = aout * kamp * kenv * [your value]
which works fine.

Now i would make similar, but for each note : in this case, the current way is to replace [ your value] by, for example, [p6], and to add a p6 column in the csd score. But, if i make that, the sound is odd, like if the p5 column has be removed. In other words, it's impossible, actually, in the csd score to add any column. Strange, isn't; I learned a bit,found nothing to understand this phenomen. Do you mean something about ?

Thanks's for advance, Steven, if you have a bit time to take a look.

Greatings,

Sergio

Re: PatternsLayerGroupExample

COCHEDELAFERTE
Hi Steven,

I found where the problem stays : p6, p7 and p8 are still declared but not used ; that mean that i need to open a p9 column, but how can i to use it whithout any instanciation for p6, p7, p8 ?

Greatings,

Sergio

Re: PatternsLayerGroupExample

Steven Yi
Hi Serge,

I'm afraid that instrument is pretty complex, and changing the number
of expected p-fields will really just take rewriting the instrument.
(The code for that instrument is setup to take in both 5 p-field and 8
p-field note.)

steven

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:41 AM, COCHEDELAFERTE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>

> I found where the problem stays : p6, p7 and p8 are still declared but not
> used ; that mean that i need to open a p9 column, but how can i to use it
> whithout any instanciation for p6, p7, p8 ?
>

> Greatings,
>
> Sergio

Re: PatternsLayerGroupExample

COCHEDELAFERTE
Hi Steven,

OK. Thank's for your reply. Now i'll learn again, or try an other way.

Greatings,

Sergio