Quantcast

Opening .blue files / using Blue's work directory

Opening .blue files / using Blue's work directory

zappfinger
I noticed that opening a Blue project by double clicking on the .blue file does not work.
(OS X, Blue 2.1.5). Blue starts, but nothing gets loaded. When I then open the project using the file menu it is ok.

Can I gain access to Blue's work directory (in Preferences) in my orchestra?

Richard

Re: Opening .blue files / using Blue's work directory

Steven Yi
Hi Richard,

I tried to get this to work but couldn't find a way to do it
unfortunately. My work load is a bit full at the moment so I can't
spend more time on this, but if you'd like you could file a request
for enhancement through the help menu.

As for "Can I gain access to Blue's work directory", could you
elaborate?  Just FYI, when blue goes to render a .blue project, it
creates the CSD in the same folder as the .blue file and so any files
that are specified in the Csound code will be resolved relative to
that folder.

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM, zappfinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I noticed that opening a Blue project by double clicking on the .blue file
> does not work.
> (OS X, Blue 2.1.5). Blue starts, but nothing gets loaded. When I then open
> the project using the file menu it is ok.
>
> Can I gain access to Blue's work directory (in Preferences) in my orchestra?
>

> Richard

Re: Opening .blue files / using Blue's work directory

zappfinger
Hi Steven,

Thanks,
I was looking for a global place to store sound files (to use with soundin etc), but I guess I should use SFDIR for that.

BTW, I am really beginning to appreciate (and understand) Blue, and I like it a lot!

BTW2: I am starting a little project combining Csound, Python and MySQL.

regards,
Richard