Quantcast

OPCODEDIR64 gone?

menno
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: OPCODEDIR64 gone?

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

Are you running Blue starting from a Terminal, or are you executing
the starter script by double-clicking it?  If the latter, it could be
that the environment variable is not being set in the right place to
make it available to applications.  Did you set OPCODEDIR64 in
/etc/environment:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnvironmentVariables

p.s. - How's Enlightenment?  I think the last time I ran it was in
2000. :P  It was nice at the time though, and I've been curious about
the newer versions.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM, menno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Steven,
>
> i did a clean install (Bodhi Linux, a Ubuntu with Enlightenment as WM), did
> not install Jack yet, but wanted to get my Csound build and Blue running
> asap.
> Blue does not find OPCODEDIR64, while printenv shows the
> OPCODEDIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64
>  AND Csound runs the file from the command line: csound noisernd.csd
> (attached  noisernd.csd
> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5721847/noisernd.csd>  )
>
> Why can't  Blue find OPCODIR64 while csound can?
>
> output of Blue:
>
> [CommandlineRunner] - Began Exec(csound -+msg_color=false -+rtaudio=ALSA -o
> dac:hw:0,0 -d  -m135  "/tmp/tempCsd6582562022965257344.csd").
> time resolution is 1000.000 ns
> Ended Exec(csound -+msg_color=false -+rtaudio=ALSA -o dac:hw:0,0 -d  -m135
> "/tmp/tempCsd6582562022965257344.csd" -L stdin).
> Csound version 5.19.02 beta (double samples) Apr 10 2013
> UnifiedCSD: /tmp/tempCsd6582562022965257344.csd
> Creating orchestra
> Creating score
> Parsing successful!
> Elapsed time at end of orchestra compile: real: 0.003s, CPU: 0.000s
> Sorting score
> Elapsed time at end of score sort: real: 0.003s, CPU: 0.000s
> displays suppressed
> 0dBFS level = 32768.0
> orch now loaded
> stdmode = 00000000 Linefd = 0
> audio buffered in 256 sample-frame blocks
>         ################################################################
>         #              WARNING: OPCODEDIR64 IS NOT SET !               #
>         # Csound requires this environment variable to be set to find  #
>         # its plugin libraries. If it is not set, you may experience   #
>         # missing opcodes, audio/MIDI drivers, or utilities.           #
>         ################################################################
>  *** error: unknown rtaudio module: 'ALSA'
>
> greetings
> Menno

Re: OPCODEDIR64 gone?

menno
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: OPCODEDIR64 gone?

Steven Yi
Not that I can think of, but the problem to figure out is why shell
scripts that are double clicked don't get the same environment
variables as opening a terminal.  Are you using Bodhi 64-bit? (I'm
downloading that one now to try in virtual box)

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM, menno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Steven,
>
> running Blue from the terminal works like it should, dubble-clicking
> produces the error.
> I have this in /etc/environment:
> PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/home/menno/bin"
> OPCODEDIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64
> CSSTRNGS="/usr/local/share/locale"
> RAWWAVE_PATH=/usr/local/share/csound/rawwaves
> SFDIR="/home/menno/csound/Output"
> SSDIR="/home/menno/csound/Samples"
> SADIR="/home/menno/csound/Analyses"
> INCDIR="/home/menno/csound/Include"
> PYTHONPATH="/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/"
>
> (i never know if it needs to be OPCODEDIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64
> or OPCODEDIR64="/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64"...)
> and in .bashrc i have:
> export SADIR=$HOME/csound/Analyses
> export SFDIR=$HOME/csound/Output
> export SSDIR=$HOME/csound/Samples
> export OPCODEDIR64=/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64
> export CSSTRNGS="/usr/local/share/locale"
> export RAWWAVE_PATH="/usr/local/share/csound/rawwaves"
>
> i do not see that i am doing something wrong here, but perhaps you do?

Re: OPCODEDIR64 gone?

menno
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: OPCODEDIR64 gone?

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

I spent an hour or so trying to get the Bodhi Linux setup but found it
a bit frustrating (apt-get build-dep csound wasn't working...).  I
also modified /etc/environment and it didn't process for me even in a
terminal.  I assume things are just different on Bodhi than on
standard ubuntu.

For the time being, perhaps you could modify the blue shell script and
add a definition for OPCODEDIR64 there.  That should work that when
that script runs, the value in there will get read in and be set for
the process that runs Blue.  Could you give that a try and let me know
what happens?