New OSX csound5 binary packages

Victor Lazzarini
Following Michael Gogins' lead, I have updated the Csound 5 OSX binary
releases, which include all Istvan's fixes, plus the new partial track
processing opcodes and updated Manual, for OSX 10.2,10.3 and 10.4.

OSX 10.3 Framework is also now fixed to set the correct default OPCODEDIR, so
users do not need to set it themselves. Thanks for Fergal for pointing that
out and
Istvan for diagnosing the problem.

Victor Lazzarini
Music Technology Laboratory
Music Department
National University of Ireland, Maynooth

Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: New OSX csound5 binary packages

Mitchell Turner
Victor,
I have csound5.00 already installed on OS 10.4 and would like to
upgrade to Csound 5.01.  Do I need to remove anything before running
the Csound5.01 installer for OS 10.4?

I did not see anything in the README, but it seems there was a thread
about this for WindowsXP.  Just wondered.
Mitch

On Feb 27, 2006, at 6:13 AM, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Following Michael Gogins' lead, I have updated the Csound 5 OSX binary
> releases, which include all Istvan's fixes, plus the new partial track
> processing opcodes and updated Manual, for OSX 10.2,10.3 and 10.4.
>
> OSX 10.3 Framework is also now fixed to set the correct default
> OPCODEDIR, so
> users do not need to set it themselves. Thanks for Fergal for
> pointing that out and
> Istvan for diagnosing the problem.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Music Technology Laboratory
> Music Department
> National University of Ireland, Maynooth
> --
> Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: New OSX csound5 binary packages

Victor Lazzarini
The 5.01 installer will delete the old CsoundLib framework and install
the new one. It will also replace all the other installed files. I have
tested it and I did not see any issues with it, so I expect it should
be OK for everyone.

all the best
Victor