More mingw questions

Iain Duncan
Well, thought I'd join the mingw attempts while bored at work. So far I
have installed msys, and installed mingw as a subdirectory of mysys. I
have successfully built and linked dummy apps against fltk, portaudio,
and portmidi, though portmidi required me to hunt for a mingw make file
that was not included with the portmidi release. I guess it might be a
good plan to mention that to the portmidi folks.

Currently I'm stuck on libsndfile. It seems to configure fine ( guesses
the system correctly at any rate ) but then fails trying to build the
stuff in the GSM610 directory. I don't even know what that is of course,
and the make file and config file are way too complex for me to figure
out with my limited config-make experience. Anyone else have this problem?

After that I will need to get python and scons working, and also boost
and swig?

Will I need to reinstall python in the mingw branch or is there a way to
use the existent windows python already on the machine?

Thanks
Iain

Re: More mingw questions

Michael Gogins
Use Windows Python, but custom.py has to know where it is.

You probably don't need GSM610 - do you get libsndfile.dll?

Re: More mingw questions

Iain Duncan
> Use Windows Python, but custom.py has to know where it is.
>
> You probably don't need GSM610 - do you get libsndfile.dll?

Fixed now. Apparently you can't install msys in c:/Program Files because
of the space in the path. Which only caused a problem builing libsndfile
and only once it hit the GSM610 stuff. Weird. The space didn't cause any
problems for fltk, portmidi, or portaudio. Anway, I'll resume trying
when I'm back on that machine tomorrow. Installing in C:/WINDOWS/msys
works fine. ( I can't clutter the root c: directory or I will confuse
other people at that job ... )

Is there anything else that I'm forgetting other than Boost, SWIG, and
scons?

Iain

> Regards,
> Mike

Re: More mingw questions

Michael Gogins
Ah, spaces in paths. One of the major flaws of Windows.

On my Windows PC, I have created a root level subdirectory called utah (I am
from Utah), and in utah I have replicated the standard Unix/Linux file
structure (which is an official specification): /utah/usr, /utah/opt,
/utah/home/mkg, and so on.

Now my Linux and Windows installations have similar directory structures.
One less thing to think about.