Manual

jpff-2
The manual page for fprints is wrong; it implies the values are kvals
but this is an i-rate opcode.

I also think that there is a bug in the implementation.  \\n in a
string gives macintosh EOL codes and it should do what printf does.
Have not verified this, but I have observed it.

Last thought, the "need" for \\n rather than \n is nasty.

==John ffitch

Re: Manual

Istvan Varga
[hidden email] wrote:

> Last thought, the "need" for \\n rather than \n is nasty.

Actually, \n should work in Csound 5, as I have made changes
to the parser some time ago to automatically convert escape
sequences like \n, \r, etc.

Re: Manual

jpff-2
But it did not
\n gave an extraneous n in the output
==John ff

Re: Manual

Istvan Varga
John ffitch wrote:

> But it did not
> \n gave an extraneous n in the output

I do not know, the CSD below printed correct newlines for me.
It also worked with \\n instead of \n.

<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsInstruments>
sr      =  48000
ksmps   =  32
nchnls  =  1
0dbfs   =  1

         instr 1

         fprints "/tmp/testfile.txt", "sr = %d\n", sr
         fprints "/tmp/testfile.txt", "kr = %d\n", kr

         endin

</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>

i 1 0 1