Managing Stereo files with Zak

chronopolis
Hi,

Is there an easier way to manage stereo signals with Zak other than doubling up on the channels like this?

zaw a1, 0
zaw a2, 1

Re: [Csnd] Managing Stereo files with Zak

Michael Gogins-2
For globally routing signals you can:

-- Use double Zak variables.
-- Use global array variables.
-- Use array variables with the signal flow graph opcodes "outletv"
and "inletv".

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 10:24 AM, chronopolis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there an easier way to manage stereo signals with Zak other than doubling
> up on the channels like this?
>
> zaw a1, 0
> zaw a2, 1

Re: [Csnd] Managing Stereo files with Zak

rorywalsh
I find the most robust way of routing anything in Csound is using channels, i.e. chnget/chnset. You can always write stereo UDOs to interface to them.

On 11 February 2017 at 19:01, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
For globally routing signals you can:

-- Use double Zak variables.
-- Use global array variables.
-- Use array variables with the signal flow graph opcodes "outletv"
and "inletv".

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 10:24 AM, chronopolis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easier way to manage stereo signals with Zak other than doubling
> up on the channels like this?
>
> zaw a1, 0
> zaw a2, 1

Re: [Csnd] Managing Stereo files with Zak

chronopolis
Hey, thanks for the response.

I can't figure this out though. In the examples in the docs chnget/chnset work between instruments.

But in mine there is no audio out of instr 2. If I take lines 3-5 and paste them in instr 1 I do hear audio out.

a1, a2 diskgrain "sample.aif", kenv, kfreq, kpitch, kgrsize, kstr, 1, iolaps
chnset a1, "grainWave1"
chnset a2, "grainWave2"

;imaxdel = 2000 ;ms
ainput1 chnget "grainWave1"
ainput2 chnget "grainWave2"
outs ainput1, ainput2
endin

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 2:08 PM, rorywalsh [via Csound] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I find the most robust way of routing anything in Csound is using channels, i.e. chnget/chnset. You can always write stereo UDOs to interface to them.

On 11 February 2017 at 19:01, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
For globally routing signals you can:

-- Use double Zak variables.
-- Use global array variables.
-- Use array variables with the signal flow graph opcodes "outletv"
and "inletv".

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 10:24 AM, chronopolis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easier way to manage stereo signals with Zak other than doubling
> up on the channels like this?
>
> zaw a1, 0
> zaw a2, 1

http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Managing-Stereo-files-with-Zak-tp5754466p5754493.html
To unsubscribe from Managing Stereo files with Zak, click here.
NAML

Re: [Csnd] Managing Stereo files with Zak

rorywalsh
Looks fine to me. Is diskgrain in instrument 1?

On 15 Feb 2017 8:23 pm, "chronopolis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, thanks for the response.

I can't figure this out though. In the examples in the docs chnget/chnset work between instruments.

But in mine there is no audio out of instr 2. If I take lines 3-5 and paste them in instr 1 I do hear audio out.

a1, a2 diskgrain "sample.aif", kenv, kfreq, kpitch, kgrsize, kstr, 1, iolaps
chnset a1, "grainWave1"
chnset a2, "grainWave2"

;imaxdel = 2000 ;ms
ainput1 chnget "grainWave1"
ainput2 chnget "grainWave2"
outs ainput1, ainput2
endin

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 2:08 PM, rorywalsh [via Csound] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I find the most robust way of routing anything in Csound is using channels, i.e. chnget/chnset. You can always write stereo UDOs to interface to them.

On 11 February 2017 at 19:01, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
For globally routing signals you can:

-- Use double Zak variables.
-- Use global array variables.
-- Use array variables with the signal flow graph opcodes "outletv"
and "inletv".

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 10:24 AM, chronopolis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easier way to manage stereo signals with Zak other than doubling
> up on the channels like this?
>
> zaw a1, 0
> zaw a2, 1

http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Managing-Stereo-files-with-Zak-tp5754466p5754493.html
To unsubscribe from Managing Stereo files with Zak, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Csound - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Csnd] Managing Stereo files with Zak

Oeyvind Brandtsegg-3
Just to check, is instrument 2 running? (all the time)

> Looks fine to me. Is diskgrain in instrument 1?
>

> On 15 Feb 2017 8:23 pm, "chronopolis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey, thanks for the response.
>
> I can't figure this out though. In the examples in the docs chnget/chnset
> work between instruments.
>
> But in mine there is no audio out of instr 2. If I take lines 3-5 and paste
> them in instr 1 I do hear audio out.
>
>> a1, a2 diskgrain "sample.aif", kenv, kfreq, kpitch, kgrsize, kstr, 1,
>> iolaps
>> chnset a1, "grainWave1"
>> chnset a2, "grainWave2"
>> endin
>

>> instr 2
>> ;imaxdel = 2000 ;ms
>> ainput1 chnget "grainWave1"
>> ainput2 chnget "grainWave2"
>> outs ainput1, ainput2
>>
>> endin
>

> On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 2:08 PM, rorywalsh [via Csound] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I find the most robust way of routing anything in Csound is using
>> channels, i.e. chnget/chnset. You can always write stereo UDOs to interface
>> to them.
>>
>> On 11 February 2017 at 19:01, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> For globally routing signals you can:
>>>
>>> -- Use double Zak variables.
>>> -- Use global array variables.
>>> -- Use array variables with the signal flow graph opcodes "outletv"
>>> and "inletv".
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mike

>>> Michael Gogins
>>> Irreducible Productions
>>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

>>> Csound mailing list

>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>> be posted here

>> NAML

Oeyvind Brandtsegg
Professor of Music Technology
NTNU
7491 Trondheim
Norway
Cell: +47 92 203 205

http://www.partikkelaudio.com/
http://crossadaptive.hf.ntnu.no
http://gdsp.hf.ntnu.no/
http://soundcloud.com/brandtsegg
http://flyndresang.no/
http://soundcloud.com/t-emp

Re: [Csnd] Managing Stereo files with Zak

chronopolis
Ah - this same mistake always happens to me. I never initialized instr 2 with any score events. Thanks guys.