Interfaces/CppSound.cpp

Steven Yi
Hi All,

Tried a build just now and:

Interfaces/CppSound.cpp

fails for me as I do not have boost installed. I have also set
buildNoVST=0 but I don't this is related.  If CppSound is going to
have a dependency on boost, shouldn't a header check be added so
compile only if boost is there? Or are there other plans for CppSound
now?

Re: Interfaces/CppSound.cpp

Michael Gogins
I will remove the boost dependency.

Re: Interfaces/CppSound.cpp

That is why I added buildInterfaces=0
==John ffitch

Re: Interfaces/CppSound.cpp

Steven Yi
Well, for this case, I would actually like to build the interfaces as
I was going to try to build a Java frontend.  The CPP interface though
killed the build though, but looks like Michael is going to revise so
I'm leaving it for now.

> That is why I added buildInterfaces=0
> ==John ffitch

Re: Interfaces/CppSound.cpp

Istvan Varga
Steven Yi wrote:

> Well, for this case, I would actually like to build the interfaces as
> I was going to try to build a Java frontend.  The CPP interface though
> killed the build though, but looks like Michael is going to revise so
> I'm leaving it for now.

Apparently, the only part that uses boost is this:

void CppSound::inputMessage(std::string istatement)
{
   std::vector<MYFLT> pfields;
   typedef boost::char_separator<char> charsep;
   boost::tokenizer<charsep> tokens(istatement, charsep(" "));
   boost::tokenizer<charsep>::iterator it = tokens.begin();
   std::string opcode = *it;
   for( ++it; it != tokens.end(); ++it) {
     pfields.push_back(atof(it->c_str()));
   }
   ScoreEvent(opcode[0], &pfields.front(), pfields.size());
}

Should not be hard to rewrite without the use of boost, and until
then if you do not need CppSound::inputMessage(), just comment out
its contents.

Re: Interfaces/CppSound.cpp

I have removed this boost dependency. There should be no boost dependency in the Csound API as such.