Forwarded Question

abhunkin
Hector Hidalgo wrote me the following, requesting help/feedback. I don't
know the answer - even if there is one:

I was also able to import some of my csound orc/sco and run them on
XsoundPro as CSD files. They render very well, and I can hear the sounds
very well too.  I am very disappointed because I have not been able to solve
how to listen these sounds in my  editor program, because as I told you
before,  In this program  I am able to see the sound wave at the same time
that I listen to the music, and it is much easier to edit anything I want in
this way.  Today I worked all day long on this problem, but I could not work
it out!

The problem is: he wants to do this *while realizing Csound (AV or any other
variety) in real time*. Of course it is possible with delayed playback, but
realtime?

Art Hunkins

Send bugs reports to this list.

Re: Forwarded Question

Michael Gogins
This cannot currently be done, but it would be possible. One way would be to write a plugin opcode the opens a GUI and shows a display of the waveform that is playing. Probably some Winamp plugin could be adapted to this purpose.