Quantcast

FTables Converter

obaudouin
Hi,

When I convert

"f 1 0 4096 10 1"

the converter gives

"gi_ ftgen 0, 1, 0, 4096, 10, 1"

But it should give

"gi_ ftgen 1, 0, 4096, 10, 1"

(gir ftgen ifn, itime, isize, igen, iarga)

Is it a bug?

Olivier Baudouin, PhD
http://olivierbaudouin.com
MINT-OMF
Paris-Sorbonne

Re: FTables Converter

Steven Yi
Hi Olivier,

There seems to be a bug.  The original code converts expecting the
ftable num to be without space to the 'f', i.e. "f1 0 4096 1".  The
output though should be:

gi_    ftgen 0, 0, 4096, 10, 1

as it will discard the ftable num, assuming you will use the gi_xxx
variable instead of the numbered ftable, which I believe makes more
sense and prevents table number clashing to use the auto assigned
value.

I've fixed up the code in the blue repo.  I'm finding that copy/paste
isn't quite working on Mac using the pre-built text panes (for some
reason it's using ctrl-c/ctrl-v instead of command-c/command-v).  I'm
going to research and fix that up tonight and will look at pushing a
bug fix release.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:01 AM, obaudouin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I convert
>
> "f 1 0 4096 10 1"
>
> the converter gives
>
> "gi_    ftgen 0, 1, 0, 4096, 10, 1"
>
> But it should give
>
> "gi_    ftgen 1, 0, 4096, 10, 1"
>
> (gir ftgen ifn, itime, isize, igen, iarga)
>
> Is it a bug?

Re: FTables Converter

Jan Jacob Hofmann
Dear Steven,

as you plan to look at the windows regarding copy and paste - I
collected over the last decades ;-) the places, where it seemed not to
work properly.
Maybe, this collection is useful for your task:

Command c, v, x does not work in...

UDO-Comments Window
Scratch pad
BSB object properties
Sound object properties
Options Window
Command line of external sound object

...instead Control c,v,x works

Some characters have problems too:
[ ] and || do not work in orchestra - window, sound object editor, its
not possible to enter those characters, though it is possible to paste
them, as a workaround...

All the best,

Jan Jacob

Am 31.03.2011 um 17:40 schrieb Steven Yi:

> I've fixed up the code in the blue repo.  I'm finding that copy/paste
> isn't quite working on Mac using the pre-built text panes (for some
> reason it's using ctrl-c/ctrl-v instead of command-c/command-v).  I'm
> going to research and fix that up tonight and will look at pushing a
> bug fix release.

Re: FTables Converter

Steven Yi
Hi Jan Jacob,

I have the command c/x/v now working (took me a couple days to figure
out how to override those for the default components).  I've pushed
the 2.1.2 release for OSX here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bluemusic/files/blue/2.1.x/

I will build the release for Linux/Windows when I get home and do a
proper announcement at that time.

As for the [] and || keys, I found I could switch to German Keyboard
layout here and indeed I am now able to reproduce the problem.  I will
have to research what is going on.