Development -- bluemusic

Wolf Peuker
Hello Developers, hello Steven,

I wanted to checkout the sources

* on Win XP SP3
* I installed Mercurial - succeded
* TortoiseHg - succeded
* but the Clone command - failed
** readonly access failed at all (wrong URL?)
** readwrite access failed since I have no write access
   (I'd prefer readonly access at first)

What's my mistake?

I tried to describe what to do on a new trac page, but this seems me
misleading now:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/bluemusic/wiki/Development

If you would correct me, that would be fine.

Thanks in advance!
Wolf

Re: Development -- bluemusic

Steven Yi
Hi Wolf,

The URL's were incorrect on that Trac page (should end with blue
instead of bluemusic).  I've updated the URL's on the page.

Note: I am thinking of migrating to Trac, but Sourceforge does not
currently expose the xml-rpc ports so I can not migrate the tracker
items into Trac.  Once that is fixed, I will be looking into using
Trac for tracking bugs/features.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Wolf Peuker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Developers, hello Steven,
>
> I wanted to checkout the sources
>
> * on Win XP SP3
> * I installed Mercurial - succeded
> * TortoiseHg - succeded
> * but the Clone command - failed
> ** readonly access failed at all (wrong URL?)
> ** readwrite access failed since I have no write access
>   (I'd prefer readonly access at first)
>
> What's my mistake?
>
> I tried to describe what to do on a new trac page, but this seems me
> misleading now:
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/bluemusic/wiki/Development
>
> If you would correct me, that would be fine.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Wolf

Re: Development -- bluemusic

Wolf Peuker
Hi Steven,

Steven Yi schrieb:
> Hi Wolf,
>
> The URL's were incorrect on that Trac page (should end with blue
> instead of bluemusic).  I've updated the URL's on the page.
Thank you! Am I right if I check from this URL without adding something
like trunk - sorry for that question, it's my first try with hg.

> Note: I am thinking of migrating to Trac, but Sourceforge does not
> currently expose the xml-rpc ports so I can not migrate the tracker
> items into Trac.  Once that is fixed, I will be looking into using
> Trac for tracking bugs/features.
Are you familiar with trac? I did the first steps mainly wiki work or
comments on bugs... In my opinion it feels good having wiki and tracker
integrated. (You read the note on the WikiStart-page on
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/bluemusic/wiki ? I hope these few
informations are at least correct.)

Best,
Wolf

Re: Development -- bluemusic

Wolf Peuker
Wolf Peuker schrieb:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Steven Yi schrieb:
>> Hi Wolf,
>>
>> The URL's were incorrect on that Trac page (should end with blue
>> instead of bluemusic).  I've updated the URL's on the page.
> Thank you! Am I right if I check from this URL without adding something
> like trunk - sorry for that question, it's my first try with hg.
I checked it out. Just pasting the URL given on the wiki page worked.

BTW: The URLs on the SourceForge description page are still *wrong*.
https://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=hg&group_id=74382

:-)
Wolf

Re: Development -- bluemusic

Steven Yi
Hi Wolf,

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to modify this page as it seems to
be autogenerated by Sourceforge.  If anyone finds out how, I'd be
happy to change the page.