Quantcast

Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
53 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I think I've just made it through the most difficult parts of updating
the UI to JavaFX for BlueSynthBuilder/ObjectBuilder/Sound.  If you
have time to take a look, I've posted a preliminary build at:

http://www.kunstmusik.com/blue_2.7.0_dev.zip

WARNING: Do not use for current work!  Also, backup your .blue
directory, particularly your instrument and effects xml libraries!

The conversion to update to 2.7.0 is mostly done but not completely.
(I still have to review some sizing of things to make sure they match
pre-2.7.0). If you would like to test, please do the following:

1. Backup your .blue folder.
2. Test. If you use real projects, be careful not to save the project
file!  (or make a backup).  Saving the file will update it to the
newer 2.7.0 format.

Okay, that said... the UI for BSB has been updated.  I have also
reworked automation in regards to resolution.  When resolution is
used, the values should be generated more nicely (i.e. 0.2 instead of
0.1999999).  Also, it should calculate values with resolution more
quickly.

Something that was removed to get to this point is that if automation
is used, adjusting a UI widget in an instrument will *not* modify the
automation value as it used to.  I don't remember if this is used by
anyone?  If so, just let me know and I will work on reinstating that
part for the next test build.

For 2.7.0, I have a number of items on my personal todo list regarding
issue #312 (the update to JavaFX).  These are minor bugs that are
left. I hope things will move more quickly now that the most difficult
parts are now done. :)

Any feedback appreciated!

steven

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
Hi Steven
this is a pleasant sight, it looks great!

When i load in a project - or in fact an instrument i am working on - first thing i notice is that all sliders are reset to 0. The dropdown menus have their content.

I am able to run this project 2 times. Then there is no more sound and the playhead does not stop at the end locator that i have set but continues forever...

I tried other projects as well, but they all stop playing after running twice.

i have attached a screenshot of how it loads the project in. Here i have set only the ADSR, volume and stereo placement (left bottom).
I have also attached the blue file, if you care to try it out.

Screenshot_from_2016-12-18_20-02-53.png
EvolverA01.blue
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
i did some more testing, the results are the same as yesterday but i think i now see better what is going on.

- this time i loaded an instrument form BlueShare. I wanted to start from scratch. I downloaded the DistortionGuitar2.3. It imported fine but all settings seem to be at 0?
Screenshot_from_2016-12-19_13-13-52.png
- i threw it in my Orchestra, moved some sliders and knobs, went to the Score and made a GenericObject. When returning to the Orchestra Tab i notice all the settings are back to 0.
- when choosing a preset, the instrument responds and all settings move to the right position. But back from the Score or Instrument Libary, settings are back to 0.

- when playing a preset the settings move to the right position. It runs fine for 2 times, then Blue hangs - so that the playhead keeps moving and i have to kill Java.

- i notice that when i drag the pointer of a slider, it is sluggish and stays behind. Is this correct behavior?

I hope to do more tests once this Gui-not-refreshing issue is gone,
greetings
Menno
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

Thanks very much for this feedback! I am traveling the next couple of days but look forward to diagnosing this. The GUI should certainly be responsive at all times; there was some tricky things I had to do that may be causing this that I will review.

Thanks again!
Steven
On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 7:34 AM Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:
i did some more testing, the results are the same as yesterday but i think i
now see better what is going on.

- this time i loaded an instrument form BlueShare. I wanted to start from
scratch. I downloaded the DistortionGuitar2.3. It imported fine but all
settings seem to be at 0?
Screenshot_from_2016-12-19_13-13-52.png
<http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753492/Screenshot_from_2016-12-19_13-13-52.png>
- i threw it in my Orchestra, moved some sliders and knobs, went to the
Score and made a GenericObject. When returning to the Orchestra Tab i notice
all the settings are back to 0.
- when choosing a preset, the instrument responds and all settings move to
the right position. But back from the Score or Instrument Libary, settings
are back to 0.

- when playing a preset the settings move to the right position. It runs
fine for 2 times, then Blue hangs - so that the playhead keeps moving and i
have to kill Java.

- i notice that when i drag the pointer of a slider, it is sluggish and
stays behind. Is this correct behavior?

I hope to do more tests once this Gui-not-refreshing issue is gone,
greetings
Menno



--
View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Dev-Build-Preliminary-Testing-requested-tp5753467p5753492.html
Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

I've fixed the slider/xyController issue that wasn't initializing the
UI to the right value at start.  I wasn't able to reproduce the
freezing issue though, but I did redo some code that might affect
that.  I've replaced the dev build:

http://www.kunstmusik.com/blue_2.7.0_dev.zip

Could you try this one to see if addresses the issues reported?  I
will also try testing things on Linux soon too.

Thanks!
steven

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Menno,
>
> Thanks very much for this feedback! I am traveling the next couple of days
> but look forward to diagnosing this. The GUI should certainly be responsive
> at all times; there was some tricky things I had to do that may be causing
> this that I will review.
>
> Thanks again!
> Steven
>
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 7:34 AM Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> i did some more testing, the results are the same as yesterday but i think
>> i
>> now see better what is going on.
>>
>> - this time i loaded an instrument form BlueShare. I wanted to start from
>> scratch. I downloaded the DistortionGuitar2.3. It imported fine but all
>> settings seem to be at 0?
>> Screenshot_from_2016-12-19_13-13-52.png
>>
>> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753492/Screenshot_from_2016-12-19_13-13-52.png>
>> - i threw it in my Orchestra, moved some sliders and knobs, went to the
>> Score and made a GenericObject. When returning to the Orchestra Tab i
>> notice
>> all the settings are back to 0.
>> - when choosing a preset, the instrument responds and all settings move to
>> the right position. But back from the Score or Instrument Libary, settings
>> are back to 0.
>>
>> - when playing a preset the settings move to the right position. It runs
>> fine for 2 times, then Blue hangs - so that the playhead keeps moving and
>> i
>> have to kill Java.
>>
>> - i notice that when i drag the pointer of a slider, it is sluggish and
>> stays behind. Is this correct behavior?
>>
>> I hope to do more tests once this Gui-not-refreshing issue is gone,
>> greetings
>> Menno
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Dev-Build-Preliminary-Testing-requested-tp5753467p5753492.html
>> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>> _______________________________________________
>> Bluemusic-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
Much better now Steven!
No more hanging, i can really move around in the program without being afraid that it will hang :)

I am also enjoying the ValueDisplayEnabled option of the BSB. Here is a screenshot that shows a good example where it is unnecessary and if not wanted to have the value of the slider displayed.
FM_direct.png
This slider mixes the FM signal with the original.
In my opinion, about one quarter of the knobs and sliders are better off when the value is not displayed, as it is non-information and messing up the total overview of the instrument.

About the not-henging-anymore part of this 2.7dev:
Here is a screenshot (i love them) of what a newly inserted  instrument from the Library looks like. This time all the sliders have taken the positions they have in its preset - not so the knobs. They show the right values but the knob image still stays at 0.
startup.png

But moving the knobs and sliders, saving them in a new preset and going from the Score Tab back, all this works and the values are preserved and sliders/knobs are showing their values.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
Thanks again for the feedback!  The problem that happened with the
sliders and XY controller was present in the Knob and it wasn't
getting initialized to the correct value to start.  I've made the fix
and pushed another build:

http://www.kunstmusik.com/blue_2.7.0_dev.zip

I agree that it's very useful to not have the value display.  Luckily,
making updates to BSB widgets should be a lot simpler now, so we can
continue to add more and more features. :)

I'll look at the widget sizing and matching it up to pre-2.7.0 next,
as well as get back to working on the issues in the 2.7.0 milestone.
Thanks again for your help to test this!

steven

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Much better now Steven!
> No more hanging, i can really move around in the program without being
> afraid that it will hang :)
>
> I am also enjoying the ValueDisplayEnabled option of the BSB. Here is a
> screenshot that shows a good example where it is unnecessary and if not
> wanted to have the value of the slider displayed.
> FM_direct.png
> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753549/FM_direct.png>
> This slider mixes the FM signal with the original.
> In my opinion, about one quarter of the knobs and sliders are better off
> when the value is not displayed, as it is non-information and messing up the
> total overview of the instrument.
>
> About the not-henging-anymore part of this 2.7dev:
> Here is a screenshot (i love them) of what a newly inserted  instrument from
> the Library looks like. This time all the sliders have taken the positions
> they have in its preset - not so the knobs. They show the right values but
> the knob image still stays at 0.
> startup.png <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753549/startup.png>
>
> But moving the knobs and sliders, saving them in a new preset and going from
> the Score Tab back, all this works and the values are preserved and
> sliders/knobs are showing their values.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Dev-Build-Preliminary-Testing-requested-tp5753467p5753549.html
> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
> _______________________________________________
> Bluemusic-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
This did not rectify the problem here, Steven. When i open a project, the knobs are all on value 0. The value itself is displayed correctly, but not the arrows of the knobs.
I also found that the Checkboxes are not working anymore and they do not transmit their values to the csd.

All this testing is done in Linux Mint 17.3.
(no screenshot this time :))
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
I see what happened with the knob: I was setting it's value before
binding the min and max properties.  The problem was that when
testing, the files I had all had the values within the default
min/max.  When I switched to a different BSB instrument, I was able to
reproduce the problem.  Updated zip available at:

http://www.kunstmusik.com/blue_2.7.0_dev.zip

For the BSB Checkbox, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem and I can
see automated values for the checkbox generating values to a CSD okay.
Could you send me a test .blue file that demonstrates the problem?

Thanks!
steven

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This did not rectify the problem here, Steven. When i open a project, the
> knobs are all on value 0. The value itself is displayed correctly, but not
> the arrows of the knobs.
> I also found that the Checkboxes are not working anymore and they do not
> transmit their values to the csd.
>
> All this testing is done in Linux Mint 17.3.
> (no screenshot this time :))
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Dev-Build-Preliminary-Testing-requested-tp5753467p5753566.html
> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
> _______________________________________________
> Bluemusic-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
The knobs are all working fine now.
The checkbox is not responding to any value changes i give it. Yet another screenshot:
faulty_value.png
here you see the print "i2     0.00000" in the output of Csound, while the checkbox "stereo" is checked and thus should be 1.

Here is the blue file (after you remove the extension.txt):
EvolverF01Steven.txt

I have found another difference in another blue file. It is in a Sound SoundObject, meant to guide the JackTransport.
Here a screenshot:
dropdown.png
I think it has trouble showing a larger font in a dropdown menu.
The file: JackTransportSteven.txt



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
I was able to reproduce the problem here and I think I've got the
checkbox issue now fixed:

http://www.kunstmusik.com/blue_2.7.0_dev.zip

For the dropdown items, I wasn't aware anyone was putting HTML values
there. I'll have to add some code to both parse the HTML values as
well as add a font option to the dropdown. The font option will have
to be for the entire dropdown.  I'll add a todo to work on that next.

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The knobs are all working fine now.
> The checkbox is not responding to any value changes i give it. Yet another
> screenshot:
> faulty_value.png
> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753580/faulty_value.png>
> here you see the print "i2     0.00000" in the output of Csound, while the
> checkbox "stereo" is checked and thus should be 1.
>
> Here is the blue file (after you remove the extension.txt):
> EvolverF01Steven.txt
> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753580/EvolverF01Steven.txt>
>
> I have found another difference in another blue file. It is in a Sound
> SoundObject, meant to guide the JackTransport.
> Here a screenshot:
> dropdown.png
> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753580/dropdown.png>
> I think it has trouble showing a larger font in a dropdown menu.
> The file:  JackTransportSteven.txt
> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753580/JackTransportSteven.txt>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Dev-Build-Preliminary-Testing-requested-tp5753467p5753580.html
> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
> _______________________________________________
> Bluemusic-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
that does not solve it either, Steven.

I tried some things and found out that, when i uncheck the AutomaionAllowed option of the checkboxes, the correct checkbox value is given to the csd.
Changing the checkbox code to i(<checkbox>) does not seem to work anymore, so i am unable to create Automation Lines .
Can you have another look?

About the html font in the dropdown menu: i did not know that either until recently that i simply tried that out. Here is a screenshot of 2.6.1:
big_font.png
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
Just to say: i just found that in 2.7 it possible to choose and scale fonts - that gives a much better resolution than the html function.

I was already planning on redoing all my instruments and repair/adapt those of others as found in BlueShare, so, as far as i am concerned, there is no need to re-implement the use of html for fonts.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
I just found that creating a simple JMaskObject works in 2.6.1, but not in 2.7dev. In the dev version there is nothing generated, not even the window where normally the values are shown.
Somehow, i managed to get an exception error show, of which i hope is of relevance to this issue: Jmask.png
but i'm not sure.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

I suspect the problem is new and is a result from when I redid object
copying in 2.7 code.  I have to review my emails for this and other
issues but I will have another build with fixes later today.

Thanks for reporting this!
steven

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just found that creating a simple JMaskObject works in 2.6.1, but not in
> 2.7dev. In the dev version there is nothing generated, not even the window
> where normally the values are shown.
> Somehow, i managed to get an exception error show, of which i hope is of
> relevance to this issue:  Jmask.png
> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753683/Jmask.png>
> but i'm not sure.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Dev-Build-Preliminary-Testing-requested-tp5753467p5753683.html
> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Bluemusic-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

I have the issue fixed here and it was some bad code that was
introduced in the object copying change.  I'm going to look at a
couple other things before putting up another test build.

Thanks!
steven

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Menno,
>
> I suspect the problem is new and is a result from when I redid object
> copying in 2.7 code.  I have to review my emails for this and other
> issues but I will have another build with fixes later today.
>
> Thanks for reporting this!
> steven
>
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I just found that creating a simple JMaskObject works in 2.6.1, but not in
>> 2.7dev. In the dev version there is nothing generated, not even the window
>> where normally the values are shown.
>> Somehow, i managed to get an exception error show, of which i hope is of
>> relevance to this issue:  Jmask.png
>> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753683/Jmask.png>
>> but i'm not sure.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Dev-Build-Preliminary-Testing-requested-tp5753467p5753683.html
>> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>> _______________________________________________
>> Bluemusic-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

http://www.kunstmusik.com/blue_2.7.0_dev.zip

This build should fix setting of values for checkboxes, dropdowns, and
fixes the width/height issue with XY controllers you mentioned on
Slack.

Thanks!
steven

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Menno,
>
> I have the issue fixed here and it was some bad code that was
> introduced in the object copying change.  I'm going to look at a
> couple other things before putting up another test build.
>
> Thanks!
> steven
>
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Menno,
>>
>> I suspect the problem is new and is a result from when I redid object
>> copying in 2.7 code.  I have to review my emails for this and other
>> issues but I will have another build with fixes later today.
>>
>> Thanks for reporting this!
>> steven
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I just found that creating a simple JMaskObject works in 2.6.1, but not in
>>> 2.7dev. In the dev version there is nothing generated, not even the window
>>> where normally the values are shown.
>>> Somehow, i managed to get an exception error show, of which i hope is of
>>> relevance to this issue:  Jmask.png
>>> <http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n5753683/Jmask.png>
>>> but i'm not sure.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Dev-Build-Preliminary-Testing-requested-tp5753467p5753683.html
>>> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>>> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Bluemusic-users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
Sofar i have not detected any problems with the:
- sloders
- knobs
- checkbox
- dropdownmenu
- label
- File Selector
- subchannel dropdownlist
- XYcontroller

nor with:
- CMask
- nGen
- AthenaCL

all good.
I tested with a newly build Csound 30 December (Michael did some changes...).

I will continue to use 2.7 dev for the time being.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Steven Yi
Fantastic, thanks!  One thing to note though, I still need to review
the HTML parsing when upgrading files.  That means that you may want
to use 2.7 only for testing, as it will update the file when it saves.
If I modify the parsing, it won't work with the 2.7-saved file as it
is already updated using previous code. This may be okay for a
project, but 2.7 also updates the instrument library.  So be careful!
:)



On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sofar i have not detected any problems with the:
> - sloders
> - knobs
> - checkbox
> - dropdownmenu
> - label
> - File Selector
> - subchannel dropdownlist
> - XYcontroller
>
> nor with:
> - CMask
> - nGen
> - AthenaCL
>
> all good.
> I tested with a newly build Csound 30 December (Michael did some
> changes...).
>
> I will continue to use 2.7 dev for the time being.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Dev-Build-Preliminary-Testing-requested-tp5753467p5753738.html
> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Bluemusic-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dev Build - Preliminary Testing requested

Menno Knevel
Hi Steven,
in 2.7dev i am having difficulties in confirming the boudary window when you want to set different settings for the Horizontal and Vertical Sliders.
Just let me show a screenshot:
boundaries.png

i have to click 10 times or so before my choice is accepted.
Can you have a look please?
123
Loading...