Quantcast

Csound for iOS SDK Released

Steven Yi
Hi All,

Victor and I are happy to announce the release of the Csound for iOS
SDK, version 5.17.3.  It is available at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/files/csound5/iOS/

There are currently two zips there:

* csound-iOS-5.17.3.zip - This includes a PDF manual for developing
applications with Csound for iOS, as well as includes the Csound for
iOS Examples project.  This project has a number of examples that
demonstrate differents aspects of the CsoundObj and Csound API,
including widget wrapping, MIDI handling, and using sensors. This
project includes precompiled binaries of libcsound.a and libsndfile.a
that are compiled for arm and intel, and work with both the simulator
and devices.  To create new projects based on Csound for iOS, we have
put everything that is the core of Csound for iOS in the "Csound iOS
Examples/csound-iOS" folder.  You can copy that entire folder into any
new project and will have everything necessary to build and run new
Csound-based apps.

* libsndfile-iOS.zip - This is a copy of the sourcecode and Xcode
project used to build libsndfile.a for iOS.  This zip is only
necessary if you are planning to build libsndfile.a yourself,
otherwise, you can just use the pre-compiled one that comes with
csound-iOS-5.17.3.zip.

Other notes:

* An "iOS" folder has been pushed to the csound5 GIT repository.  It
contains a build.sh script for rebuilding libcsound.a, an
updateExamplesLibAndHeaders.sh file for updating the csound-iOS folder
with the latest .a's and headers, and a release.sh script for building
a release folder (same as what is used for the pre-compiled release
above).

* Building requires CMake and Xcode to be installed.  We are using
CMake to generate Xcode projects (using the same CMake files that are
used for building the desktop Csound), then using Xcode to build.
Also, the XCode commandline tools must be installed, as xcodebuild is
used to build the XCode projects from the commandline.

* iOS, like Android, will be maintained as first class platforms for
Csound.  New releases of Csound will now be built not only for Mac,
Windows, and Linux, but for iOS and Android as well.

Thanks and enjoy!
steve

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug tracker
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=81968&atid=564599
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

Re: Csound for iOS SDK Released

Stéphane_Boussuge
GREATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

stf

Le 3 avr. 2012 à 11:37, Steven Yi a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> Victor and I are happy to announce the release of the Csound for iOS
> SDK, version 5.17.3.  It is available at:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/files/csound5/iOS/
>
> There are currently two zips there:
>
> * csound-iOS-5.17.3.zip - This includes a PDF manual for developing
> applications with Csound for iOS, as well as includes the Csound for
> iOS Examples project.  This project has a number of examples that
> demonstrate differents aspects of the CsoundObj and Csound API,
> including widget wrapping, MIDI handling, and using sensors. This
> project includes precompiled binaries of libcsound.a and libsndfile.a
> that are compiled for arm and intel, and work with both the simulator
> and devices.  To create new projects based on Csound for iOS, we have
> put everything that is the core of Csound for iOS in the "Csound iOS
> Examples/csound-iOS" folder.  You can copy that entire folder into any
> new project and will have everything necessary to build and run new
> Csound-based apps.
>
> * libsndfile-iOS.zip - This is a copy of the sourcecode and Xcode
> project used to build libsndfile.a for iOS.  This zip is only
> necessary if you are planning to build libsndfile.a yourself,
> otherwise, you can just use the pre-compiled one that comes with
> csound-iOS-5.17.3.zip.
>

> Other notes:
>
> * An "iOS" folder has been pushed to the csound5 GIT repository.  It
> contains a build.sh script for rebuilding libcsound.a, an
> updateExamplesLibAndHeaders.sh file for updating the csound-iOS folder
> with the latest .a's and headers, and a release.sh script for building
> a release folder (same as what is used for the pre-compiled release
> above).
>
> * Building requires CMake and Xcode to be installed.  We are using
> CMake to generate Xcode projects (using the same CMake files that are
> used for building the desktop Csound), then using Xcode to build.
> Also, the XCode commandline tools must be installed, as xcodebuild is
> used to build the XCode projects from the commandline.
>
> * iOS, like Android, will be maintained as first class platforms for
> Csound.  New releases of Csound will now be built not only for Mac,
> Windows, and Linux, but for iOS and Android as well.
>

> Thanks and enjoy!
> steve
>

> Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug tracker
>            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=81968&atid=564599
> To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug tracker
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=81968&atid=564599
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

Re: Csound for iOS SDK Released

Roger Kelly-2
Is this SDK available for commercial use, royalty free?

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 4:54 AM, Gmail <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> used for building the desktop Csound), then using Xcode to build.
> Also, the XCode commandline tools must be installed, as xcodebuild is
> used to build the XCode projects from the commandline.
>
> * iOS, like Android, will be maintained as first class platforms for
> Csound.  New releases of Csound will now be built not only for Mac,
> Windows, and Linux, but for iOS and Android as well.
>

> Thanks and enjoy!
> steve
>

> Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug tracker
>            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=81968&atid=564599
> To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug tracker
           https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=81968&atid=564599
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

This SDK is released under LGPL.  You will need to abide by that
license (it is included with the SDK). Because libsndfile and csound
are static libraries and iOS only supports static linking, you will
need to provide the source of your application.  (This is not a
requirement for Android applications as they dynamically load
libcsoundandroid.so, and that library's source and everything is
already published).  There is nothing to prevent sales of LGPL works
(or GPL for that matter).

Relevant links:

LGPL License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html
Free Software Foundation on Selling Open Source Applications:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html