Quantcast

Csound Conference - blue workshop video posted

Csound Conference - blue workshop video posted

Steven Yi
Hi All,

There have been more videos of the Csound Conference posted including
my blue workshop:

http://www.youtube.com/user/csconf2011

If you watch the video and want to work along, the example files were
posted here:

http://www.incontri.hmtm-hannover.de/de/elektronisches-studio/csound-conference/papers-and-workshops/

Re: Csound Conference - blue workshop video posted

ebmtranceboy
Thanks Steven,
your presentation taught me some nice editing features (like ctrl+; ) and thanks to it, I can now understand the meaning of several idioms (like the "rescale/truncate" alternative).

I have several comments/questions:

1) I noticed that, just before unchecking "Edit Enabled" and use my bSB instrument, if a widget is still selected like LFO here in green

then, after unchecking "Edit Enabled", the widget is shifted one pixel left/right/up/down when I hit the left/right/up/down key of my keyboard.

2) I wonder if the resolution of a knob is always (max-min)/100

3) I had to change the line
aout lpf18 aout, kcutoff, kresonance, kdistortion, itie
of the yiMultiLpf UDO
(of Alpha v2 instrument
of Example 3 - blueLive.blue
of the example files)
aout lpf18 aout, kcutoff, kresonance, kdistortion
in order to compile.

4) I think a blue video tutorial like this is way more useful to a blue beginner than a blue manual.

Re: Csound Conference - blue workshop video posted

Steven Yi
Glad you found the workshop video useful!  I've been meaning to do
videos for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it.  Perhaps
this week I'll do one and then get into a rhythm.

For 1), could you add a bug to the bug tracker?

For 2), the resolution should be whatever is set, or if negative will
depend on the angle.  If your mouse is further away from the knob you
can get more fine degrees of difference.

For 3), that's due to a change I made for Csound 5.14.  I added the
itie parameter to lpf18 for the latest release, which you'll need if
you want lpf18 not to reinit for a tied note.

Otherwise, I'm still working on alphaV2. I made some fixes to the LFO
for frequency and using linsegr the other day.  It's almost complete
though, so I'll probably upload it to blueShare this week.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 5:14 PM, ebmtranceboy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Steven,
> your presentation taught me some nice editing features (like ctrl+; ) and
> thanks to it, I can now understand the meaning of several idioms (like the
> "rescale/truncate" alternative).
>
> I have several comments/questions:
>
> 1) I noticed that, just before unchecking "Edit Enabled" and use my bSB
> instrument, if a widget is still selected like LFO here in green
> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/n4907203/widgetselected.png
> then, after unchecking "Edit Enabled", the widget is shifted one pixel
> left/right/up/down when I hit the left/right/up/down key of my keyboard.
>
> 2) I wonder if the resolution of a knob is always (max-min)/100
>
> 3) I had to change the line
> aout    lpf18           aout, kcutoff, kresonance, kdistortion, itie
> of the yiMultiLpf UDO
> (of Alpha v2 instrument
> of Example 3 - blueLive.blue
> of the example files)
> aout    lpf18           aout, kcutoff, kresonance, kdistortion
> in order to compile.
>
> 4) I think a blue video tutorial like this is way more useful to a blue
> beginner than a blue manual.

Re: Csound Conference - blue workshop video posted

ebmtranceboy
ok, the widget problem is now artifact 3424474.

> For 2), the resolution should be whatever is set,

I don't see where it is set for the knob.

If I use the mouse then ok, I can get more precise values by moving away, but what if I use the arrow keys ?

Re: Csound Conference - blue workshop video posted

Steven Yi
Ah, you're right, there is not setting for resolution for knob.  :P
Was going off memory and got confused with sliders.

I looked at the code and the knob increment is always .01 by keyboard.

For the knob view though, if you need a precise value, double click
the display label and it turns into a text field where you can edit
the value by hand.